SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My P320 compact at Front Sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My P320 compact at Front Sight Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
At the four day defensive hand gun class (again #4) and so far this pistol is doing its job.
I've found that the best and fastest way to use the red dot is to squire the target with the iron sights first.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Have fun in the class! I need to get back there again; it's been a while...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good for you. A high round count training class is a great way to really wring out a handgun.

(Certainly beats the folks who put "50 flawless rounds" through a new gun, and then declare it 100% reliable and the greatest thing since sliced bread. Big Grin)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We had 7 P320s this week that digested between 3700 and 4000 rounds each with no issues.

Only gun that had an issue was a third generation Glock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Front Sight is still a thing?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Front Sight still is a thing. I was there over the weekend before Veteran's Day and there were about a thousand people on site to take classes. There is nothing revolutionary about what they teach, but it is a safe and approachable place for a new shooter to get them up to speed on the fundamentals. If you have one of the "memberships" and have taken more than one class then the "membership" paid for itself. Again, if one is an advanced shooter, this might not be the right choice, but it is a place I can bring friends and family who are new shooters and be confident that they will get a good basic foundation with an emphasis on safe gun handling skills...at that point they can then seek further training from more others.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FS has been a thing for a very long time. They send a lot of lead down range. It’s a 40 minute drive for me. Best $200 lifetime membership I spent 10 years ago.

This is the paperwork / pre shooting 15 min session before everyone leaves to their respective ranges.

Posts: 96 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, looks like they're going strong. Hadn't heard anything about them since like 2014 when there was that round of Scientology and pyramid scheme buzz. Just assumed they'd kinda faded. I guess not.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Huh, looks like they're going strong. Hadn't heard anything about them since like 2014 when there was that round of Scientology and pyramid scheme buzz. Just assumed they'd kinda faded. I guess not.

It's also been several years since every gun website you went to was plastered with glaring banner ads featuring Ignatius Piazza promising to give you a free Springfield XD and complimentary moustache grooming kit if you took one of his classes, so that has probably contributed to the lower profile. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have heard no complaints, and much praise for, the quality of the actual training.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
A retired LE friend of mine teaches there and speaks very highly of it.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just learning the red dot sight. Mine is co witnessed by the iron sights; and I was using the iron sights to find the dot. However, I have learned that you should look at the target, not the iron sights, and the red dot will appear. I tried this and it works for me. If you use the iron sights, why have a red dot?

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post