SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Legion 10 vs 15 Rd - coupla questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Legion 10 vs 15 Rd - coupla questions Login/Join 
posted
Is the only difference between the standard E29R Legion and the ban states P229R version the magazine capacity?

If I can get a good price on a new Legion with 10rd mags, then just buy some 15s or even MecGar 17s from Greg Cote; is the only thing I don't have a more desirable E29R sticker on the end of the box? The gun will be a shooter, so I'm not concerned about long-term collector's value.

Anything else that I should know/consider? Thanks!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Where do you live?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Free State of Wisconsin

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the only difference.
Free state = E29R
Commie land = 29R

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q. One further question, I guess. If I buy factory 15rd mags, will they be/look correct, or are Legion mags PVD finished like the gun, or marked in some other special way? That's not a collector question, it's an OCD question Smile

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Let’s not forget the loaded chamber indicator.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Thanks Q. One further question, I guess. If I buy factory 15rd mags, will they be/look correct, or are Legion mags PVD finished like the gun, or marked in some other special way? That's not a collector question, it's an OCD question Smile

Be sure to buy 229-1 magazines, not the old skinny 229 mags.

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:

Mine were P229-1 magazines that were indistinguishable from any other 229-1 magazines, so they're not marked in a special way.

(Maybe soon, SIG will allow me to upgrade to some sort of tactical collector's edition baseplate for $29.99 each. Smile)

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Let’s not forget the loaded chamber indicator.

Bob

Do all of the 10rd variants have an LCI, and is that an issue? I read somewhere about 10# trigger pulls on "compliant" versions; is this another concern?

Thanks for the help, all!

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Not for you, assuming you are not behind enemy lines.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post