SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Compact vs M&P 2.0 Compact
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Compact vs M&P 2.0 Compact Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
I was all into the P320 until the drop safety issue popped up. Now Smith upped their game with the M&P and came out with the 2.0 compact. Anyone shoot both and can compare them?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
G19.4 beats the P320C any day. M&P might be worth taking a look at however.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I have all three... a 19, 320sc and 2.0 compact. Personally, I shoot the 2.0 best, shortly behind is the Glock but it’s had trigger work. The 320 isn’t bad by any means, just the way they sit in my hands I guess.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'm more inclined to get into a M&P 2.0 compact than to buy a 320C again. Having now shot the S&W I have to say that I like that one a lot. I did pretty good with it though I've almost always shot M&Ps well. Conversely I never got much beyond feeling lukewarm about the compact SIG striker that I owned for over a year and a half, really trying to like that thing for most of that time. As with my HK P30 sometimes I can be too stubborn in flogging a dead horse, expending too much ammo that could've been enjoyed through other guns.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hearing very good things about MP 2.0 compact from people i trust. I have the MP 2.0 4.25 so not sure i am going to get the compact anytime soon

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have both guns, but have not shot the 320.

I bought the 320 in hopes of replacing my G19 (I hate the block grip of Glocks). I impulse bought a Compact 2.0 and shot it on the way home that day, but before I had a chance to shoot the 320.

I later shot the 2.0 along side my G19 and find I shoot the 2.0 slightly better. It's extremely fast back on target.

I never shot the 320 for the following reasons when compared to the 2.0 Compact:

- Feels cheap. When holding the two side by side, the 2.0 just feels like another level in fit and finish. The polymer on the 320 feels like a toy in comparison.

- Grip texture. At first I thought the 2.0 was a little too rough. However, after shooting and carrying it, I love it. It locks into your hand and isn't an issue for me in carry like I thought it would. I work a desk all day, so it's not like I have tough hands either. The texture is the best on the market IMO.

- the 320 just feels like it sits so high in my hand. If you're used to Sigs, it won't bother you, but after shooting Glocks and other semi's for so long, the Sig just felt comically high in my hand.

I am extremely happy with the 2.0 Compact. I've been critical of something with almost every double stack striker fired gun on the market (even the original 1.0), but I'm completely sold on the new 2.0's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: esdunbar,

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
I got rid of my P320C to buy the M&P 2.0 Compact and couldn't be happier.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello guys and gals...I am not a plastic fantastic guy and I am absolutely not a Glock guy...And I write that until now.....I just bought and qualified with the new Gen 5 Glock 19....I am now a Glock guy....THey have smoothed out the trigger fixed the grip and done some other things...THe damn gun shoots awesome...I have it on my side as we speak...Who ever thought I would be saying this...not me....You might want to look into the new 19.5 is all I am saying.

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
Did you look at the M&P 2.0 (compact or not) before going with the Glock?

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Never been a fan of M&Ps and I haven’t shot a 2.0 but damn they feel good, Point well etc. Not sure I would like that texture carrying but it’s awesome in the hand.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Cant speak to the 2.0, the only one I held had an awful trigger, but I never shot it and many seem to have better luck with it. However it still seems to me many are still buying APEX triggers for them.

I have several generations of G19 and two P320s. I vastly prefer the G19. There is nothing wrong with the P320, but the G19 is smaller, slimmer, easier to conceal, mags are cheaper, longer history, etc etc. I personally think the modularity is not a selling point, the kits are hard to find and expensive, and the different models are not compatible anyway.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the 320 is the carry model,The M&P is the 2.0 Compact both in 9mm.
The M&P with the new grip texture feels better in my hand.They are both very reliable and accurate.It is a hard choice between the 2 but right now my choice is the M&P it just feel better in my hand.The fit and finish seems better on the M&P.The triggers are different with the M&P being more take up but has a very crisp break.The 320 has the upgrade done and the trigger is very good with a very audible reset and a good break.Either would be a good choice but as I said I give the edge to the M&P 2.0 compact.

Posts: 174 | Registered: December 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The M2.0 Compact is going to be the pistol everyone chases for the next 15 years.
The Glock and Sig will be a distant second and third place one the S&W gets traction.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
We’ve been hearing that since the G19 hit the market. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
We’ve been hearing that since the G19 hit the market. Big Grin

That's what I'm saying.
The Glock 19 has bee the gold standard for a CCW since the eighties. I bet there is a new standard in the M2.0.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
All of the poly-striker pistols are mass market products built to a price point. And they usually work fairly to very well out of the box. However the price consciousness of the design opens up the opportunity to improve them for those willing to spend the money. Companies like Apex give those people something to spend their money on.

It all depends what you want out of a gun.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Cant speak to the 2.0, the only one I held had an awful trigger, but I never shot it and many seem to have better luck with it. However it still seems to me many are still buying APEX triggers for them.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
The M2.0 Compact is going to be the pistol everyone chases for the next 15 years.
The Glock and Sig will be a distant second and third place one the S&W gets traction.

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually agree.

The 320 is simply too big to be a real contender. Everyone's complaint with the G19 challengers was that they could never duplicate the size. For whatever reason, all challengers were bigger. The 2.0 is the exact same size.

All of the other challengers had better ergos than the Glock, but the larger size seemed to keep G19 in peoples' holsters.

There is no real doubt that the 2.0 ergos are superior to the Glocks. For some, the Glock will fit them better, but I'm willing to bet that the 2.0 will fit many more better.

So really, the last difference is the trigger.

If you recall, people didn't like Glock's trigger when they first came out, people just got used to it. Having been a Glock guy and now becoming a M&P guy, I'd say the trigger isn't any worse or better, it's just a little different. I've gotten used to it pretty fast.

I can get used to a new trigger, but I can't reshape my hand to make a Glock feel good in it. I really believe if Glock doesn't address their grip, the 2.0 Compact will take the lead eventually.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 2.0 compact, Gen 19 and 320 Cpmpact. The sleeper of this group is the M&P. I love love the grip. Reminds me of a Gen 3 RTF2 glock. Its also deadly accurate. The 320 is a nice gun as is the 19 Gen 5. Never thought i would pick an M&P over anything but its a player for real

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the G19, gen 4 and earlier, to not be nearly as good to shoot as the P320. Trigger is much, much better on the Sig. I wish the slide was narrower on the P320 compact though. I have a subcompact, small, grip on a compact slide. The grip is quite narrow, and with a pinky extension is easy to hold.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there is going to be a 2.0 45? Or are they going to wait till the shield 45 sales fall off before introducing a 45?

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post