SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    In case anyone is interested, looks like Glock 17Ms will be on the market
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In case anyone is interested, looks like Glock 17Ms will be on the market Login/Join 
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted
For people who are interested, it looks like the 17M will be on the market. Pretty much just a Gen5 I suppose, but some might be interested in the 17M roll mark:

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-...tainable-153654.html

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lipsey's has been pumping these out to dealers for a couple weeks now...or trying, at least. They come with the Ameriglo Agent (U notch) sights. If anybody wants one, feel free to contact me for SF pricing. Minimum advertised price is $627.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would hate to be one of those guys who paid $1000+ for one on gunbroker a couple months ago.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Don’t know much about Glocks but it sounds interesting. What makes it so special? What’s with the Glock marksman barrel? Does that mean all other Glock barrels suck?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it have the short throat of the 17M?

Are these Lipsyes only?

Guessing these won't have the ndlc internals.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:

From the link.
quote:
it appears that the Lipsey’s 17M is correct with nDLC coated internals. The pistols will also feature the FBI spec mag release also used on the 19X, the extended mag release found on the Glock 34 Gen 5, and Ameriglo Agent night sights.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I have read and re-read this. I am guessing it is not talking about the mag release both times but one is the extended slide stop/slide release...
From the link.
quote:
it appears that the Lipsey’s 17M is correct with nDLC coated internals. The pistols will also feature the FBI spec mag release also used on the 19X, the extended mag release found on the Glock 34 Gen 5, and Ameriglo Agent night sights.
[/QUOTE]

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^ Thanks. I should have not included that in the quote from the link as I also read that a couple times. What you wrote makes sense.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe on the used market some day, but not for that price, just to get a letter on the slide. The slide stop release would get pitched anyway, in favor of a Vickers.

I used the OEM extended levers at one point, but removed them all, as they were easier to catch with my thumb, resulting in a premature lockback (or occasionally a failure to lock back). Once I got rid of them, that problem stopped.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Does it have the short throat of the 17M?

Are these Lipsyes only?

Do you have any more info on 17Ms having a 'short throat'? Is there something different about the 17M barrel vs the Gen5 or are they both the same 'Marksman Barrels'?

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post