SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone tried both German and US (Exter, Newington) SP2022s?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone tried both German and US (Exter, Newington) SP2022s? Login/Join 
posted
Just curious about the differences other than collector's value. I'm curious if the triggers feel any different.

Posts: 279 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone tried both German and US (Exter, Newington) SP2022s?

I don't follow the SP2022 too closely, but I've never seen a German made and proofed SP2022. Waiting for the experts to chime in.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a moderate amount of reading, it seems some German SP2022s are proofed with serials, and some have just the triple matching serial numbers (slide, frame, barrel).

Posts: 279 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: March 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEFL0N_D0N_81:
From a moderate amount of reading, it seems some German SP2022s are proofed with serials, and some have just the triple matching serial numbers (slide, frame, barrel).

I guess you did you see pics of the proofed guns?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
***Not mine picture for the web***

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Excellent. Thanks. Where would the frame's serial # be? In the rail area?

Q

posted Hide Post
Triple Serialed (no proof marks)

From what I gather, this is also fully made in Germany with matching serials on frame, slide and barrel. Slide finish is also iaflon, solid pin, etc.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
They were the rage here a few years ago, almost bought one but all the ones I could find had a LCI on top of the slide which I despise. They came in the black German style Sig case (not the new one you see now) with a tube of lube and some sticker on the outside.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
^^^ Excellent. Thanks. Where would the frame's serial # be? In the rail area?

Yes right in front of trigger guard before the rail.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

From what I gather, this is also fully made in Germany with matching serials on frame, slide and barrel. Slide finish is also iaflon, solid pin, etc.

Made In Germany, assembled in SIG USA. That's why no proof marks.

Q

posted Hide Post
So, back to the original question, anyone here tried both the German and US made SP2022s? Just wondering if there are any notable differences in triggers (break, reset, etc) and/or other functions.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's been a little while since I shot mine (my brother made off with my US 9mm), but I don't recall any real differences in terms of triggers, accuracy or reliability.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
You might add in the Swiss framed SIGPros to the mix...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
One thing I have noticed, the scalloped area on the right side of the frame where the slide release lever pin protrudes, was changed .

The newer ones are like the two models shown, but the earlier ones seemed to be different.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Those were Made In Germany. No proof marks because they were not required for delivery for the French contract for some reason. I have one and it came in a case with a big blue Made in Germany sticker on the case. Top Gun Supply also said that the shipment came from Germany.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
quote:

Those were Made In Germany. No proof marks because they were not required for delivery for the French contract for some reason. I have one and it came in a case with a big blue Made in Germany sticker on the case. Top Gun Supply also said that the shipment came from Germany.

Thanks for the clarification. Then, can someone explain to me why no proof marks? France is one of the CIP countries, and it is my understanding that proof marks are a requirement, not an option. Strange.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...C3%A0_Feu_Portatives

Q

posted Hide Post
Here's one that has triple-matching serial numbers, but the proof mark is one the barrel's chamber housing. It came with the gray case bearing the German sticker.

Posts: 90 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Then, can someone explain to me why no proof marks? France is one of the CIP countries, and it is my understanding that proof marks are a requirement, not an option. Strange.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...C3%A0_Feu_Portatives

It explains in the article.

Government is predicatably exempted from consumer "safety" laws.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, went ahead and got the 2nd one (left), German made.

So here's the short list of what I noticed:
1) different finish (Iaflon) on slide and internals
2) slim trigger
3) magazine release button is metal and rounded
4) decocker is curved
5) trigger break and reset is a bit smoother
6) the German grips (M) feels a bit bigger than the US grips (M)
7) break down notch is closer
8) jimping on the trigger guard
9) has an internal extractor.
10) Pretty sure the German slides are made of carbon steel instead of stainless steel.

Functionally they are virtually the same.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I can't really tell from the picture - is the face of the German trigger all that much closer to the grip frame than the face of the US trigger? It looks like the reach to the trigger and the length of the trigger pull would be about the same.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post