SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can I get opinions on a 4" vs 6" GP100 Revolver
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I get opinions on a 4" vs 6" GP100 Revolver Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My guess is that you'll find that the 6" bbl'd model will become strictly a range toy. The 4" one is a carry piece for woods, field or city given the right holster. The ease of carry while mounted on or in any conveyance is the reason that the LEO's back when S&W revolvers ruled the law enforcement roost all carried 4" barreled models, almost without exception.

I live on a farm here in kY and find very little (like 1/4") of accuracy improvement with the longer sight radius of 6" models at 25 yards. Too, you might find the 4" bbl's balance better in the hand as I do. And lastly, you'll lose a couple of oz's of carry weight with the shorter barrel. A definite plus for all day toting.

HTH's Rod

Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I have owned both. I sold both. I now have a 3". That I will never sell.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post