SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365XL problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365XL problems Login/Join 
posted
I recently made the mistake of buying a 365 XL. Of the 2 magazines that came with the pistol, 1 failed immediately. I contacted SIG and told them about the problem and the tech I spoke to wanted me to modify the magazine in an effort to get it to work. I refused and he gave me attitude. I ordered another magazine from my dealer and I had the same failure with that mag immediately. My dealer has been fighting with SIG to get that mag replaced. I now have a pistol that I cannot qualify with nor will I carry a pistol without a reload. The bottom line is I have a useless and expensive paperweight.
Has anyone else had magazine problems with the 365XL?

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 26, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kudu40:
I recently made the mistake of buying a 365 XL. Of the 2 magazines that came with the pistol, 1 failed immediately. I contacted SIG and told them about the problem and the tech I spoke to wanted me to modify the magazine in an effort to get it to work. I refused and he gave me attitude. I ordered another magazine from my dealer and I had the same failure with that mag immediately. My dealer has been fighting with SIG to get that mag replaced. I now have a pistol that I cannot qualify with nor will I carry a pistol without a reload. The bottom line is I have a useless and expensive paperweight.

What exactly is the "failure". You are describing nothing, except saying "failure"? Not just failure, but failure "immediately"? What happened immediately? The CSR told you to "modify" the mag? I find that hard to believe. But, if that truly happened, you should have taken his name and reported to his supervisor. These reps will never tell anyone to modify anything. The only thing they will tell you is one of the following. It's in specs / normal, or send it in to be looked at by one of our gunsmiths. Unless you are a SIG certified armorer, they simply don't tell you to tinker with the stuff, because that would void the warranty.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did it "Fail"? What modification was suggested?

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Place 1 round in magazine. Use LULA device to load remaining rounds.

I have not had any failures of any kind with my P365 or P365XL. I have only field-stripped, cleaned, and lubricated it as per the manual. I have not removed the FCU or otherwise futzed around with it.

Over the years, I have found that Operator Error caused 99% of any "problems" reported.

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Interesting, this is the second "Junior Member" with one post who mentioned an issue with P365 magazines in the last day or so.

I guess it's certainly possible the base pad was installed incorrectly at some point.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ At least in that case we had some information - and I've messed up mag reliability by doing a sloppy job of reassembling them myself.

Again, what exactly is the failure that happened (twice) here?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kudu40:

Your post says exactly squat.

Before you waste more space whining about what didn't happen, why don't you just be open and say what did happen?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had one for 2 months, probably have 1,00+ rounds thru it. One misfeed in the first week, nothing since.
My problem is I can't find magazines. It came with 2, looking for a couple additional mags and no one has them for the XL!

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
My P365XL with three mags has been 100% thru 500+/- rounds. Osage County Guns has mags.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a magazine "issue" with one of the mags that came with a P365. I cannot offhand remember whether it would not accept the second or third round, but after looking things over it became very obvious the the lower corner of the follower was hanging up on one of the square holes on the side of the mag. In fact,
there was a small corner of the follower missing from trying to force a round in the mag.

Is this the failure that you experienced, Kudu40?

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I'm around 1500rds thru my P365XL and zero issues. I've used 12 and 15rd mags with it.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hit-and-run poster.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
I ordered two of the 15 round mags direct from Sig when they first got released. One of them loaded finem the other failed immediately. When I say "failed", I mean I loaded a few rounds (3-4) and then the follower got stuck below the loaded rounds, so the rounds rattled loosely in the mag. I pulled them out and the follower was wedged into the mag body. I used a pen to pry the follower free and it shot up and most of the way out of the mag, caught at an odd angle between the feed lips. I immediately contacted Sig who had me send in the mag, and they sent me a replacement.

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that Sig had some problems with the first 15 round 365 mags. They acknowledged it and made it right. I don't recall anyone had an issue getting it resolved.

I am certainly no Sig fan and have shit all over them for many many years now, but one thing has always remained top shelf with them and it's their customer service. Call them yourself. Why would you have your gun shop be a middle man. Give them a call and deal direct, they'll take care of it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post