SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Since more is always better - +2 flush fit spring kit for P365 10 round factory magazines
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since more is always better - +2 flush fit spring kit for P365 10 round factory magazines Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't blame Magguts for a the overall cost of the mag + upgrade combination. The question is, is it worth $34+ to add two rounds to a P360 magazine with very little extension to it's length? I think for a lot of P365 owners, the answer will be yes, for at least one or two of their magazines.

quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I'm not understanding the math that gets to 90 clams. How much exactly is someone paying for a SIG 10 rounder? Last time I bought one it was $42 retail before tax. Add another $36...that doesn't figure. Still gag-inducing spendy (my 30rd MPX mags are cheaper), but not $90 worth of spendy.

Still, it's extremely NICE that the form factor remains unchanged when upgrading with MagGuts; that's the big gripe with my G43 and all of the aftermarket extensions offered up as the "solution" to the Glock's woeful capacity issues. And to improve the reloading ease with the mag? Big Winner.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Yea, how much is shipping? 33x2 seems a far bit from 90. Even with tax that is a lot of shipping for something that probably fits in a priority box, the small one.

Original SIG magazine - $50.00
Mag guts kit $33.00 plus shipping
Completed project $90.00 +

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a P365, however before I ordered the gun, I got a gray XL grip from Sig and always planned on using the 365 slide on the XL grip. With 12+1 standard in the gun and a 15 rd reload, I'm interested in these but probably won't go for one.

If I was sticking with the smaller 365 grip for carry I think it may be worth it.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I ordered 2 of the 10 round +2 kits (just under $72 shipped), which came in yesterday. I tested them this morning, four 12 round strings through each, just under 100 rounds between the 2 without any issues. They are a bit easier to load, and the slide locked back every time.

Below is the difference in height between the modified 12 round MagGuts (L) and unmodified factory 10 round (R).

Edit:
The factory mag on the right has Hornady CD's vs. Speer Gold Dots on the left in it which makes the difference look bigger than it actually is, but y'all get the idea. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the picture and review, stoic-one. I normally use the 12 round P365 mags because my pinky fits perfectly on them so I just ordered two of the +2 Magguts for the 12 round mags. They are expensive at $33.95 each but USPS First Class shipping was only $3.95 and I didn’t get charged tax. My total was $71.85 shipped. I also wanted to order a +2 extension for my backup 15 round mag but they aren’t available yet. The site says that they are “coming soon”.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Just got mine too!. I was more alarmed about the OEM spring I took out! Haven't shot my p365 for a long time now since ammo is so scarce and my mags have been loaded forever. Well after taking out 1/2 the rounds (124gn HST) of the 10-round mag, I noticed the remaining spring pressure was pretty weak. So weak in fact, that the bullet noses were hanging down a little instead of being pushed all the way up. Stuck the mag into my pistol and dropped the slide and guess what, the bullet tip rammed the bottom below the feed ramp and jams there!!! Did that from slidelock and manual sling for the remaining rounds in that mag and they all jammed too! Yes I know dropping/slinging the slide is not the same as shooting it, but it is very disconcerting for the bottom half of the mag to manually jam on every round on bullets that were feed reliable in the past! My 12 round mag had more spring pressure than the 10-round and did not have the low bullet noses and do the slide release or sling jamming as did the 10-round mag.

Anyways, while it bothered me GREATLY that I could have been carrying a dud magazine, I was putting in the new magguts springs anyways. I did one 10=round and one 12-round mag with the new internals. The new mag springs went in perfect and seem to have much more spring pressure! Hopefully it stays that way over time. The only issue I had was that the replacement bottom plate for the 10 round mag was a tiny bit sharp on the rear corners and I could feel it poke my palm in a tight grip. I just hit it the corner with a couple of strokes with file on my leatherman and it was fixed. A little rubbing on my jeans and you couldn't even see any file marks.

I would suggest anyone with a 10 round mag that's been fully loaded for along time check that the bullets don't have the noses hanging low on the last few rounds in the mag from weak spring pressure. BTW: I also loaded up some standard 115gn round nose in the mag and they too had the noses hanging low because of the weak spring pressure. They would still chamber though as the round nose would skip the bullet up into the chamber, but hollow points were hanging on the frame right under the feed ramp halfway through the mag since the spring pressure got progressively weaker with fewer rounds left. Hopefully, I just got a dud OEM spring in that 10 rounder.

12 vs 14 vs 15 round Glock

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Xer0,

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Got mine today (three × 10+2; one × 12+2), and I agree with everything others have said except for not having test fired them yet.

The rear corners of the 10+ floor plates are sharp, but easily rounded with a file.

What I appreciate most at this point is the increased ease of loading. I had been downloading both types I own, so I went from eight to 12 in the ones and 10 to 14 in the other. But it really is a little amazing to think that I have a total of just one round less in a gun the size of the P365 as in my 9mm P226s.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I just received mine today as well and installed them. I bought two of the 12+2 round Magguts. I installed them both in about 5 minutes and was shocked when I was able to load all 14 rounds in both mags by hand without the assistance of a Maglula loader.

14 rounds with 1 in the chamber? Amazing. I am going to test them out at the range this weekend.

Also, there are no sharp edges on the 12+2 Magguts. The base plates are rounded off nicely so it must just be an issue with the 10+2 Magguts.

I plan on buying one more once they release the 15+2 Magguts. A 17 round backup mag for the P365? Awesome.

posted Hide Post
I've seen many issues with these over the years being unreliable.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

I shot about 200 rounds with my 12 round P365 mags and the +2 Magguts installed this past weekend and had no failures.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

Where?
Seen them yourself or read about it?
"Unreliable" how?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:

Where?
Seen them yourself or read about it?
"Unreliable" how?

Curious as well, as I've used several of the MagGuts kits on my PM9 over the course of several years with no problems. It's usually a bugger with PM9 magazines getting them installed properly, but no problems after that.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
They seem to have a good reputation, but I’m waiting to hear how these go before ordering.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
This threads gone dead, and I haven't been hearing much about this mod/upgrade. Not good, not bad, just nothing. Was wondering if anyone new tried it, and if there are new reviews out there.

Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Just ordered 2 for my 12-rounders. Will report back when I get a chance to pew pew test!

Now just waiting for the Armory Craft magazine release to come back in stock, and this project will be DONE! (for now. LOL!)

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, I also just ordered two.

quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
Just ordered 2 for my 12-rounders. Will report back when I get a chance to pew pew test!

Now just waiting for the Armory Craft magazine release to come back in stock, and this project will be DONE! (for now. LOL!)

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Ordered one for my XL 12 rounder last week. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Will definitely need to run a few hundred before I trust it, but looks promising.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
This threads gone dead, and I haven't been hearing much about this mod/upgrade. Not good, not bad, just nothing. Was wondering if anyone new tried it, and if there are new reviews out there.

So far, I have 300 rds thru mine without a single failure, but that's not something to really write home about. What's more important is, I let mine sit fully loaded for over 4 months to see if there would be any issues when shooting. Sure, we all read about "springs don't go bad from just sitting around fully compressed, they get weaker with repeated cycling". But, this being a different spring design and me having to know for sure for myself, that's what I did. And the result? No failure.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone get the +2 kit for the 12 round XL mags yet?

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone get the +2 kit for the 12 round XL mags yet?

Yes. Haven't shot them yet but hope to sometime this week.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post