SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Since more is always better - +2 flush fit spring kit for P365 10 round factory magazines
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Since more is always better - +2 flush fit spring kit for P365 10 round factory magazines Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Just saw this. Don't know how many people will care. I have no idea how well it works. But Magguts has been around for a while now, and it seems relatively well thought of.

https://magguts.com/product/si...r-10-round-magazine/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Color me very interested.
I've used their +1 stuff on my PM9 magazines with positive results, and am curious if anyone has vetted this.

They also list +2's for the 12 and 15 round magazines.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost the cost of a magazine. That’s a cool weird looking spring.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
For sure, they are NOT cheap, but my experience with them has been very good WRT my PM9. That flat spring coupled with redesigned followers seems to be how they make several of their designs work.

Here's a preview video review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...K4I&feature=emb_logo

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 10+2 and the 12+2 a day ago. I have had the magguts springs in my Kahr CM9, Kahr CW380, and Ruger LC9 without any issues. Their stuff isn't cheap, but it is always been very high quality in my opinion and does exactly what they say it will do; add a round or two without compromising reliability. Whether these new p365 springs/base will be reliable is in question, cheances are good they will be from my experience with their products in the past. True not cheap though, but I've had their funky leaf spring in my CW380 and CM9 cycled and stored full of ammo for a couple years now without any weakening or long term reliability that I can notice..

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

It's the same price point as Glock mag extensions from Taran Tactical and Shield Arms.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Easy to load” caught my eye as more of interest to me than the increased capacity.
Any comments/reviews of that factor would be appreciated.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol. I don’t buy 33 dollar mag extensions for Glock either. I think it’s cool tech. I like hearing that long term review above. Sounds like a very nice product just priced a little too extravagantly for me.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
This intrigued me enough to just now buy one of the +2s for a ten rounder.

I also put in for notification when their +2 for the fifteen round comes out.

I carry my 365 with a ten round mag in the pistol and a fifteen round magazine on my belt, daily. Having essentially the firepower of a 228 in my pocket and the capacity equivalent of a G17 mag on my belt is a nice upgrade.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’ve got two of the kits on the way to me. Used them with success in my LCP and Shield.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
With shipping, that turns them into a $90 magazine.

But the real crappy part, is I will probably by a couple.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:

Whew! That makes me feel better about this idea—having paid over $200 for magazines that are still in their original wrappers. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
How much do they charge for shipping???!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Nick:

But the real crappy part, is I will probably by a couple.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, how much is shipping? 33x2 seems a far bit from 90. Even with tax that is a lot of shipping for something that probably fits in a priority box, the small one.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
2 kits would run ~$68 plus ~$4 shipping is just under $72.

NRA Benefactor

posted Hide Post
Stupid thing is that it is a crazy price. And I want to buy 2 of them. lol

posted Hide Post
I use their +2 base plates/springs on my G43. Works perfect but that is for a 6+1 gun.

I doubt I would buy them for the P365 because its already a 10+1 (or 12+1 depending the mags/grip mod you are using) gun. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze for the 365 IMO

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having read the on-line reviews, watched the video posted here and given the positive experiences of the members here with the Magguts products, I am now very strongly considering a kit for one of my 12 and 15 rounds mags for my P365.

Sure, the ‘upgrade’ cost of ~$36 for only two extra rounds per mag seems a bit steep, but when I consider the ability carry a total of 32 rounds in only two mags the ‘investment’ becomes very acceptable to me.

Rob

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More is better!

Waiting for the +2 for XL mags.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not understanding the math that gets to 90 clams. How much exactly is someone paying for a SIG 10 rounder? Last time I bought one it was $42 retail before tax. Add another $36...that doesn't figure. Still gag-inducing spendy (my 30rd MPX mags are cheaper), but not $90 worth of spendy.

Still, it's extremely NICE that the form factor remains unchanged when upgrading with MagGuts; that's the big gripe with my G43 and all of the aftermarket extensions offered up as the "solution" to the Glock's woeful capacity issues. And to improve the reloading ease with the mag? Big Winner.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post