SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I don't need an expensive/upscale blued .38/357 target revolver
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I don't need an expensive/upscale blued .38/357 target revolver Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
A pox upon thee, Beretta.

The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers was developed specifically for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. With a venerable history and tradition of fine gun-making behind them, the Manurhin series of revolvers are truly world-class. Available now through the Beretta Galleries and select Beretta Dealers.

All Manurhin MR73 series revolvers feature a triple adjustable trigger with an overtravel screw built into the trigger and a hammer force adjustment screw and a hammer spring weight-adjustment screw built into the frame. This high level of adjustability allows for the shooter to dial in the trigger to the precise specifications needed for maximum control over the shot.

The LPA target adjustable rear sight allows the shooter to make macro and micro-adjustments for wind and elevation as necessary, allowing any adjustments needed for longer range shooting a snap

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manurhin/

Fortunately it costs twice as much as I'm willing to pay, so my VISA card is safe for now.

I could sell a motorcycle to fund it. Nahhh. Maybe I'll start shooting that Colt Officers Match .38 Special

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That is indeed a price tag. Lol. Beautiful gun.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Those have always been on “my list”. That said I don’t like the gold accents.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the "gold" is a heat treat color, kind of like the "straw" of Luger small parts.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Report This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued. The adjustible trigger and hammer system sounds very interesting...I'd like to know how it works. Where are you guys seeing prices? It is indeed a beautiful revolver...replace those humpback rubber grips with some nice wood and it would be about perfect.

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
click on the link. click view models. click view specs.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
interesting ,

I did not know that Beretta group owned or imported them

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we can get them to start making those grips for Ruger's SP101s? Trausch is long gone.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Still cheaper than a Korth?

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple originals from the 70's. The old commercial models bring big money...

In fact, the 4" service model is still unfired in box. Pretty sure its a first year gun from '73.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Report This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
I've got a couple originals from the 70's. The old commercial models bring big money...

In fact, the 4" service model is still unfired in box. Pretty sure its a first year gun from '73.

Very nice!

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
First time hearing of Manurhin, but I'm not a revolver guy. Nice looking firearms!

For those familiar with these revolvers, I have a question. The Manurhin page at Beretta USA shows this picture of the sight setup for their Target Adjustable Sights:

I wasn't sure if this was:

1) showing a new-to-me target sighting strategy (i.e. other than the usual 'combat' 'target' or 6 o'clock' holds) that this particular revolver likes,
2) photography intentionally not simulating actual shooting orientation for display purposes, (i.e. to show more of the front sight's design than if it were photographed in shooting position), or
3) an error nobody at Beretta.com happened to catch, or
4) something altogether other than the above (as noted above, I'm not a revolver guy and hadn't heard of the brand before.)

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the above.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
For over 3 grand... like I said on the other thread... I'll stick with my S&W model 19. And the gold trim doesn't do a thing for me...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
First time hearing of Manurhin, but I'm not a revolver guy. Nice looking firearms!

For those familiar with these revolvers, I have a question. The Manurhin page at Beretta USA shows this picture of the sight setup for their Target Adjustable Sights:

I wasn't sure if this was:

1) showing a new-to-me target sighting strategy (i.e. other than the usual 'combat' 'target' or 6 o'clock' holds) that this particular revolver likes,
2) photography intentionally not simulating actual shooting orientation for display purposes, (i.e. to show more of the front sight's design than if it were photographed in shooting position), or
3) an error nobody at Beretta.com happened to catch, or
4) something altogether other than the above (as noted above, I'm not a revolver guy and hadn't heard of the brand before.)

I'd appreciate any thoughts on the above.

I'm more surprised by the two right dot rear/ black serrated front sighting choice.

I've not seen that combo before. The logic of that combo is not intuitively obvious to me.

As far as the photo goes, I think that's the marketing department doing what they do.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I will stick to my model 10’s, very nice looking, I like my beater 10, my shooting is what it is not Miculek and not Magoo. Model 10
Is fine.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
A Beautiful revolver that I can shoot 100,000 357 mag rounds through and it also retains it’s value. A great deal for sure if one can afford it. A blued Colt Python in excellent condition (when located) costs way more than this revolver.
Of course if money was no issue I’d buy both. For now, I’ll save up for the MR73.

Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t get it either. It’s not as good looking as a Python or a nice Smith. The gold “accents” are atrocious. Hardening or not, they couldn’t blacken them? Two white dots on the rear sight is not the preference of most shooters. Doesn’t even really make sense. I blacken the dots on every rear sight that comes with them. Stupid choice. If you want dots at least make them tritium so they are useful. Tell me how those two rear dots are anyone’s first choice. On a 3300 dollar gun.

It probably will retain its value. Sort of. The guys who bought in the 80’s yes. You pay 3300 dollars today and think you are getting 5000 in 2030, you might be disappointed. That’s not a great selling point.

They refuse to update the gun for 2021. It’s not 1973 anymore. This gun fills no great niche. Competition? Ok, bullseye. Or PPC if anyone shoots that anymore. Make the gun bigger, 8 shot cylinder, cut it for moonclips. Something.

This is a nostalgia buy. Same as when this forum goes Gaga over a Swiss P210. Oh yay, a bigass single stack 9 that isn’t the prettiest gun on the block either. And oh yea, you can buy the American one at a much better price if you can stand the Swiss snobs catcalls. Even though empirically there isn’t that much of a gap if any in practical shooting terms.

This is a snooze fest event that is being blown out of proportion to the actual gun. Raise your hand if you have even shot close to 100k of 158 go full house magnums. Skeeter and Elmer can keep your hands down, we see you. Lol.

You really think a Ruger Blackhawk couldn’t outlast you? Or a Redhawk? Or a GP? Or a Smith N frame. Or L frame. Not to mention any of those guns has grip choices out the ass. Pluse you can change the sights. Easily. I have multiple revolvers in my safe that have as good a trigger pull as you could ever want in a DA gun. Is this one better? Nope. 3 adjustment screws in trigger. Why? Does anyone really want a heavier DA pull? Just make it as light as practical while retaining reliability. Overtravel screw. Cool. Except my revolvers don’t really have any overtravel. Do yours?

Enjoy your gun but know that in any application my significantly cheaper American gun will outperform yours. Except (maybe) in bullseye. Which I find the most boring of games. Even as a bedside gun there are better choices. 6 shots, no night sight option, he’ll you can even get a rail if you want (I don’t).

This gun is full blown nostalgia. And don’t be surprised when your buddies don’t get the hype.(and yes I can afford the gun, so it’s not some form of jealousy like that bozo on one of the other 3 threads intimated. Lol)

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice looking, and I'm sure it's well made. And I'm glad there is an active market for fine, artsy guns -- the plastic pistol market does get tiresome.

It's just that I can scratch this particular itch in other ways, much more effectively for $3k.

Posts: 465 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
Not for me. I’ll take two Smiths any day.
I wonder how many of these they sell a year.
How many competitive shooters shoot these.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Report This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t interested until I watched the TFB video on it. Now I really want one. The quality is through the roof on these and it’s robust enough for special forces use per its history. It is pricey, but it should be for what it is. 12+ hours of hand fitting and attention to detail. Art that functions is a win-win.