SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Pseudo-X-Carry or P320 Carry-X
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Pseudo-X-Carry or P320 Carry-X Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I ordered a P320 in .357sig through my FFL. They didn't have an X-Carry and I also wanted .357sig. Once it arrived, I changed out the grip module for the X-Carry module. I also had a GGI PELT2 straight face trigger installed and changed the Night Sights out for XRay3 sights which I like.

I'm very satisfied with the result and am really looking forward to take it to the range. I enjoyed shooting it before the changes, and am expecting it to only have gotten better.

I had trouble with the magazines as the ones that came with the gun had the old style base plate with the round retainer and are not compatible with the grip module even though SIG lists the module for .357sig/.40S&W and 9mm.

So, I bought some retainer plates from Obsidian Arms and some aluminum floor plates from GGI and the modification worked well.

Since then I found two factory magazines at my FFL that have the new floor plate and are compatible. I didn't think such a thing existed, no one seemed to have them, but I found these two. I still like the Obsidian/GGI modification though even if it increases the cost of the magazines significantly.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Nice!

What's the holster?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Nice!

What's the holster?

Blackpoint Tactical
http://www.blackpointtactical.com/

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Sig sells the factory plates now for 9 bucks on their site!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Looks good, I like it!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the x-grips on a compact, and on a full size. I really like the x-grip. It feels more like a P229 to me. The P320 is a well designed pistol as is, but I think the x-frame is a nice improvement.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I put the x-grips on a compact, and on a full size. I really like the x-grip. It feels more like a P229 to me. The P320 is a well designed pistol as is, but I think the x-frame is a nice improvement.

I also prefer the X-Carry grip to the regular P320 grip module. Perhaps a smaller P320 grip module would work better for me personally, but I'm sold on the X-Module right now.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
Sig sells the factory plates now for 9 bucks on their site!

Thanks, I finally found them under "Maintenance". I don't know how long they've been selling them. I understand they were available for a while then out of stock. Most of the other places I found them were also out of stock.

I never thought to look under "Maintenance". Maybe "Magazines"? "Parts"??

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

I also prefer the X-Carry grip to the regular P320 grip module. Perhaps a smaller P320 grip module would work better for me personally, but I'm sold on the X-Module right now.

Supposedly a "small" size x-carry grip is in the works according to Sig folks that I have talked to. I'm not holding my breath but that is why I've held off on buying the X grip, it hurts my small hands...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
One more question about the holster, please! Is it a standard 320 holster, or is the X frame different enough that it requires a different holster?

A holster maker I very much want a holster from said that their standard 320 compact or full size holster is not compatible with the X-carry or the Vtac, respectively, because of slide differences.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have used multiple standard P320 holsters with my X-Carry. Both leather and Kydex, zero issues.

That being said I might listen to the holster maker as I think he/she would know their product.

You could always buy one and if it doesn't work put it for sale in the classified section.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
One more question about the holster, please! Is it a standard 320 holster, or is the X frame different enough that it requires a different holster?

A holster maker I very much want a holster from said that their standard 320 compact or full size holster is not compatible with the X-carry or the Vtac, respectively, because of slide differences.

The x-frame fits holsters advertised for the P320, or at least mine seem to.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post