SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Aside from "bionic's new .357", who knows what this is?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aside from "bionic's new .357", who knows what this is? Login/Join 
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted
And who else has one? Smile

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson with Pachmayr grips?

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. Dan Wesson.

Model 15?

4 inch barrel?

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I knew I could count on Sigforum.

DW 15-2 V4

Shooter grade - by my estimation - but it's a pretty sweet revolver. I'm enjoying the revolver more than I remembered. This thing feels heavy, and high quality. Handles 125 grain magnums with ease.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The latch on the crane gives it away.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
Monson, MA?

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Bought my 715 in 1985 or 86 never an issue and plenty accurate...one of my favorites. Congrats on the DW!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crash:
Monson, MA?

Yes it is. Judging from the serial, I'm thinking 79 - 81 ish production date.

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The latch on the crane gives it away.

Yeah, but if I give 'em this side, the name stamped on the barrel shroud and frame gives it away. Wink

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I rememeber a guy showing me his Dan Wesson Pistol Pac back in the early 1980s. Pretty neat- revolver, case, four barrels and nifty tool, all in a neat little case.

Posts: 107499 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para. That tool is oddly reminiscent of the Glock tool. One piece to do it all. The barrel nut wrench is basically a T-handle affair, but either end of the T-handle are hex wrenches, which fit the grip screw and side plate screws.

Dan had some interesting ideas on modularity, as revolvers go, this one is very easy to work on. Dan's roots are hard to deny, as it has that early S&W feel to it - heavy, quality, purposeful. Which makes sense, as Dan was the guy in charge of quality control at S&W for much of their glory days (mid 1930s to pre-Bangor).

I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
One of those was the first gun I ever bought.
A Monson edition.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson still makes the 715, and 715 pistol pack. The orginal barrels will work on the new guns.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My very first firearm in the early 80s was a Dan
Wesson 715HV 6" barrel stainless. I regretfully
sold it to fund my first Sig P229. I should have just waited until I could afford the Sig.

Five years ago I came across a DW 715 Blued for
$450. Beautiful revolver but impossible to keep
my finger prints off the finish so I sent it to
CCR for their CPII finish. I can't wait to get it back. This one will be a keeper.

Nice revolver bionic218.
Regards
sig-onslaught

Posts: 1069 | Location: 3 Doors Down | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine revolver.

One of the first 44 Magnums I ever fired was a Dan Wesson, EXTREMELY accurate revolver with that multi-piece barrel system. Fortunately the patent has expired and Smith and Wesson is now using the multi-piece design on some firearms.

These days I routinely shoot a 357 SuperMag Dan Wesson

I have a few others in 41 Magnum as well

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Colt_saa: Gorgeous heavy lug! Those grips are a work of art! If you know where I can find a reasonable priced walnut standard square small frame one - hit up my email. Smile

Been looking around, but even the not pretty used ones are bringing +$50.