SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 weapon light
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 weapon light Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a P365 last week, aside from the front sight not glowing, I’m really happy with it. I wanted to put a light on it but didn’t want to shell out $150+ for a light when I already have one not being used; a Viridian CL5 light/laser combo. Unfortunately it, like most weapons lights are made for picatinny rail. I found this on Amazon: Recover Tactical ZR65 Picatinny Over Rail for The Sig P365-
It arrived yesterday and works great. Well made and looks like part of the pistol. An added bonus the Viridian fits within the footprint of the gun and snugs right up to the trigger guard. $30. Check it out.

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Any chance you could post a picture of the Viridian and the Recover mounted on your P365?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Montana,

Do you carry it with the adapter rail and light installed? if so, what do you do for a holster?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll try to post a pic, I don’t have a holster for the pistol yet. I have one on order but it will accommodate the pistol only without the rail. For now, I just put it in my pocket. I haven’t looked at what Viridian offers if anything for the 365. I have one of their holsters for my P220 with the 5XL laser/light. Very nice holster, fully adjustable for cant and it has a push in lever on the side to release the pistol from the holster. It can also be set up so the light comes on as the pistol clears the holster.

Posts: 18 | Registered: November 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Streamlight now has a version of the TLR-6 for the P365. No adapter required.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I just put it in my pocket

that's sounds pretty problematic...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
while not extremely power, the TLR6 is the answer for these small pistols, G42-43-P365-etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It's fine for indoor ranges (up to 7-10 yards), and it's vastly better than nothing.

I also wish they'd come out with a laserless version. I think the light is the more useful part. The laser just adds expense, complication and size (they can keep a lasered version for those who do want it.)

Edit: Just for the hell of it, a video review...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/fWe6PHxrZCg

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
while not extremely power, the TLR6 is the answer for these small pistols, G42-43-P365-etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

posted Hide Post
Yeah, that version for the P365 is a bit more bulky that the models for the G42/43. Mine have the laser but I never use it and now they seem to make light only versions for the Glocks.

It's not a banging WML with 500+ Lumens, or even 200-300 of some of the smaller WMLs, but it's 100 lumens is better than nothing and usable for 10 yards an in.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have to say I have lasers on several pistols but I would never ever put a light on one... it could very likely lead to violating one of the cardinal gun safety rules....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I have to say I have lasers on several pistols but I would never ever put a light on one... it could very likely lead to violating one of the cardinal gun safety rules....
Thats why you search with a separate hand held light. Wink

Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'm with Rhino. Carry your flashlight in your other hand. There are several tactically sound ways to do this. People with weapon lights, including many cops are very poor with their weapon discipline when they start flashing them around.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Apparently Streamlight is doing the non-laser TLR-6. Starting with Glock and Shield models.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...ck-sw-shield-pistols

Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
Despite the fact that I have two guns with a light/laser combo, one for the house and one for the auto, I'm not supper impressed with either. Although everyone make their own decisions I don't see the logic of putting a light on a subcompact ccw gun. It adds weigh, size and limits what holsters are available, although Veridian has a holster that will turn the light on as you draw, however the light, due to size, isn't that powerful. JMO

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Montana 10:
If you'll call Sig CS they'll either send you a replacement front sight or ask you to send just your slide and in the note you send with it request that the replacement front sight be checked before changing out your original.
I just had mine replaced...glows great now.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why carry a gun with a WML?

Bad shit happens at night or in the dark.