SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G10 grips for P239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G10 grips for P239 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a source for G10/Micarta grips for a P239?

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Hogue G10 on my Sig P239 - 9mm Don't know who has Micarta.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hogue makes rather nice options in G-10. I don’t believe anyone makes a grip for the P239 in Micarta?

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Micarta

I had to lookup this Micarta, have never heard of it.... google images did not help.... all different. but then I found this from a different web forum from 2005:

"Micartas aren't' "just" plastics.
Micarta is layers of wood, canvas, linen, or paper bonded together.

To produce it, sheets of material are impregnated first with colored dyes, then with a phenolic resin.
The sheets are then stacked together to the desired thickness. The stack is put under tremendous pressure and heat, which bonds the whole thing into one solid sheet.

The advantages of Micarta are, it's pretty well impervious to weather, most oils and solvents, and is EXTREMELY durable and tough.

Since it's made up of thin layers, the more angles and cuts you make in the material, the more the "grain" shows.
In the wood micartas, this can make extremely fancy grips, in which the actual wood sheets themselves are fairly plain wood.

Canvas Micarta makes extremely durable grips, with a natural rough texture which offers a good grip, without checkering.

Linen Micarta, made from linen cloth, makes fine-grained material that can be polished to a glossy surface, or checkered.
This was the earliest of the micartas, and usually came only in dark reddish brown, which was used in electronics, for which purpose Westinghouse invented it.
Today, it comes in black, green, maroon, brown, and some multiple colors like maroon layers with other colors intermixed.

White paper Micarta is the closest synthetic to real elephant ivory.
Since ivory grows in thin layers, the thin layers of paper Micarta have a grain that looks very much like real ivory.

Micartas are sold under a variety of trade names, including Dymondwood, Pakkawood, Westinghouse, and others."

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Blume9mm,
Thank for posting that as I didn't know what it is either.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Hogue G10 Piranha's on mine. Got them from Greg Cote.

http://gregcotellc.com

Or could go to the Hogue website.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handg...gsauer/p239/dasa/g10

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Hogues.

Checkered black G10:

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
A day or so ago I saw on line a p239 'Scorpion' with some nice G10 'matching' grips and I'll tell you that is one more good looking gun...

Some people don't like a pistol with that baby poop colored frame but I do with the right grips on it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
+1 on the Hogues.

Checkered black G10:

These are what are on my P239, love 'em.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Hogue G10 turned my 239 from a gun I didn't like much at all to one of my favorites. They make a remarkable difference in feel.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post