SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG226 mk25 - California version
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG226 mk25 - California version Login/Join 
posted
Recently purchased a new Sig 226. Someone told me there are two versions of this gun. The California version, and the regular version. Does anyone know the difference? Thanks

Posts: 59 | Registered: February 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard of this, but I'm, guessing:
10 round mags, LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator), and magazine disconnect to make it CA compliant?

Like this:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...liant+10%2B1+9mm+4.4

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by docent:
Recently purchased a new Sig 226. Someone told me there are two versions of this gun. The California version, and the regular version. Does anyone know the difference? Thanks

CA compliant MK25 has the magazine disconnect feature located in the locking insert.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 'emasculated' version...

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I feel damned happy that my CA SIG P226 X5 Comp doesn't have any of the "CA features". No mag disconnect, no LCI. The mags are 10-round, of course.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
I haven't heard of this, but I'm, guessing:
10 round mags, LCI (Loaded Chamber Indicator), and magazine disconnect to make it CA compliant?

Good guess. To the letter.

With this butt ugly feature-

My MK25 is a good 'ol free state one.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mag disconnect. Does that have any affect on the performance of the gun?

posted Hide Post
The loaded indicator is not very pretty .

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did you guys get the non-screwed up..err, non-CA version? Single-shot exemption? (And didn't they shut that one down last year?)

Posts: 11 | Registered: January 06, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ The short answer may be to look at his join date. A lot of these restrictions are relatively new.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by docent:
Mag disconnect. Does that have any affect on the performance of the gun?

No. I have heard one person comment that the parts in the locking block insert that constitute the magazine disconnect can on occasion break and render the pistol inoperative. The mag disconnect is pretty easy to get rid of. The pin, spring, and lever can just be removed from the locking block insert, or you can replace the locking block with one that does not have the mag disconnect.

The loaded chamber indicator is ugly as hell, but it does work providing easy visual and tactical evidence of a loaded chamber. If you have a pistol with the LCI slide and you buy a barrel to change calibers, the barrel must have the slot cut in the barrel hood that is seen in the photo posted above, otherwise the barrel will not allow the slide to go into battery.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That LCI is butt ugly. Does it have the safety manual etched on the side of the frame too?

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas - you make me laugh ! Good one

posted Hide Post
As a Californian, I was able to sell a five year old Full sized M&P 9 for $725. Walked into another gun store this afternoon, I found a used P226 MK25 - CA for $699. Jumped on it in one second.

I have my Off-roster Sigs P224, M11-A1, and P320, but since I'm behind the iron curtain of California I feel they have to be Safe Queens since I won't be able to get them back if they broke or were scuffed.

I don't mind the LCI since it will be a beater Sig, that I won't be babying and I'll be shooting the crud out of.

OP, it's still a cool sig, we'll just tell gun muggles that the California Based Navy Seals use/prefer the P226 MK 25 - CA.

Posts: 29 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post