SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Install "D" hammer spring in Beretta 92's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Install "D" hammer spring in Beretta 92's Login/Join 
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Keep us posted molachi and be sure to order a few dog bone solid pins.

I will post what happens when I get the proper punch. I did order 2 of the dog bone solid pins.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Got everything I need to replace the springs two weeks ago. Still had a problem getting the lanyard loop to line up properly. Borrowed a wood working clamp from a friend this morning. Got home and changed the spring in the compact in about 5 minutes, with the dog bone style pin. When I tried the full size I had a time getting the pin to come out. Then I haven't been able to get the lanyard loop to come out yet. Have definitely messed up the loop trying to get it out so will have to buy a new one. Any ideas why the loop won't come out? Maybe something else holding it so it won't even turn?

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
Got everything I need to replace the springs two weeks ago. Still had a problem getting the lanyard loop to line up properly. Borrowed a wood working clamp from a friend this morning. Got home and changed the spring in the compact in about 5 minutes, with the dog bone style pin. When I tried the full size I had a time getting the pin to come out. Then I haven't been able to get the lanyard loop to come out yet. Have definitely messed up the loop trying to get it out so will have to buy a new one. Any ideas why the loop won't come out? Maybe something else holding it so it won't even turn?

If you can see through the hole where the pin used to be and it is totally unobstructed, the loop should come out. If you can not see through there is still something in there preventing the loop from coming out.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
What a mistake I made Eek . I figured out why the lanyard loop would not come out. I was working on my 92s not my 92fs. Found out that the mag release button on the S model goes through the lanyard loop. Now when I get through being pissed at myself for such a mistake I will remove the mag release and get the loop out and cleanup the damage I did trying to get it to come out. All my own fault.

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I believe we have all made mistakes like this. On my new P365 I was pushing down on the takedown never for like 15 minutes, getting more and more aggravated. Until I realized you must remove the mag first...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a mistake I made Eek . I figured out why the lanyard loop would not come out. I was working on my 92s not my 92fs. Found out that the mag release button on the S model goes through the lanyard loop. Now when I get through being pissed at myself for such a mistake I will remove the mag release and get the loop out and cleanup the damage I did trying to get it to come out. All my own fault.

Thanks for sharing that Molachi, we've all been there more than once.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:

Thanks for sharing that Molachi, we've all been there more than once.

Indeed!

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I feel better now. Put the 92s on the side and am going to finish the re-assembly of my 1908 Colt Vest Pocket Pistol. I lost the VERY small extractor spring last week. Found the spring the same day the one I ordered showed up.

Spring next to a quarter.

Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
Yep that is tiny.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Finally got the lanyard loop cleaned, and 'd' spring changed in my 92s. As with my 92fs compact I did notice an improvement in the trigger. Now all I need to do is get to the range and test them.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Finally got the lanyard loop cleaned, and 'd' spring changed in my 92s. As with my 92fs compact I did notice an improvement in the trigger. Now all I need to do is get to the range and test them.

Congrats
What did you do different to get the loop out?

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
quote:

Congrats
What did you do different to get the loop out?

On the 92s the mag release goes through the lanyard loop.