SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    This Gun made the pass around thru friends and then finally made it back home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Gun made the pass around thru friends and then finally made it back home Login/Join 
I'm No Quitter
posted
IMG_2710 by donna flanagan, on Flickr

IMG_2712 by donna flanagan, on Flickr

Just wanted to share a couple of pics with you guys.

I bought this Ruger for Hubby about 20 years ago.
Went to a Gun Show in Gulfport Coliseum ans hubby just kept looking at this one.
After walking thru the whole place about 3 times (I believe that is standard practice) he went back to that table.
I kinda think it was our anniversary or maybe his Birthday .. not sure which one .. it went home with us.

Fast forward thru the next several years — this gun was sold to 3 different friends — passing it around I believe it is called.
Ironically — it made it back to us and was Back Home Again.

So this past December — hubby remarked — it was looking as worn out as he felt.
He looked at different paint jobs online and found this one. Kinda liked the looks of it.

I snuck around and called this guy — Scott who owns Guardian Custom Firearm Coatings LLC in Navarre Fl.
Told him that I hated to ask him to do this and please put a RUSH on it — as it was a Christmas Surprise for hubby!

Well you can see from the pics — Scott did a GREAT job and it was back here before Christmas Morning!!

At a time when spirits were low here — my sister slipping away each day — not expecting her to even make it to see Christmas …..we needed a bright spot to bring a few smiles.

When Hubby Opened a surprise box under the tree … it was a GREAT moment!

He and I are very Happy with it!

Just wanted to share these pics with you and the story how an old gun made the rounds for a few years — only to end up back at home with us — with a NEW COAT FOR CHRISTMAS!

Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Great story and a very, very cool gun! I've got one or two from the past, that made it around from house to house....state to state...and have come full circle back to where they started. Pretty cool.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Outstanding ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Extremely cool and especially being 45 Colt. I had the same New Model in same 4 5/8" barrel but .357 Magnum for a backup to one of my hunting 44 Magnums. Nicely jeweled hammer there. Funny how it came back home. I once found a Super which had been fully customized at Magnaport with 4 ports, all manner of polishing to its stainless with C More sights at a total give away price.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
I can safely say hubby only met one handgun he didn't like.
It was the Ruger Mark lll if I remember correctly .
Hated the breakdown and cleaning it required.
It found a new home pretty quickly.
Haha
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys had a shining moment on Christmas, Donna, and I hope they come more often.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
That's a great story, Donna. Glad the old iron is back home, with a new suit.

Have a Happy Easter!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Awesome. The most modern looking single action I've seen.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Pretty neat paint job, sounds like it made everybody happy!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Great story Donna. Looks like a fun gun.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You sound like my wife Donna, she always tries to get my a gun or do something that like for me.
Great Present.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat looking gun

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that gun would make a great video,
I would put it in a bird cage and over dub Sarah's "Arms of an angel " 8in the back ground.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Great Ideas!
I really like it and have deep assurance that if some idiot .. somewhere decided to steal it --- proof of ownership would not be hard to prove. Wink Big Grin

Thanks Guys!