SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Impressions of the SIG 1911 Ultra Compact?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impressions of the SIG 1911 Ultra Compact? Login/Join 
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted
Hi all,

Considering a SIG 1911 Ultra Compact for EDC - I have a 3" S&W Pro Series 1911 but always seem to shoot SIGs easier. Tried the "FIND" function on the Forum, but came up short on serious discussions on this baby. Frown

TIA for your replies,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I have a two tone ultra it runs flawlessly. Perfect size to conceal and have had zero issues with CMC mags and Mec-gar.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have one of these. Function is flawless and the trigger is fantsstic. I carry aP220 but if I were to carry a 1911 it would be this one

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I would recommend one to anyone.

I like mine a lot.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had both the 45 and 9mm versions. The 45 ran flawless out of the box. The 9mm had some issues with 115grn but after I ran a few boxes of 124 & 147grn, it ran great.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Carrying a two-tone one right now. Use the Tripp Research COBRAMAGs in it. Super comfy to carry. Gave up carrying my 239 .40 when I finally found the right holster for this one.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
Hey thanks all,

Now I just have to sell my SIG P210-6 package to afford another gun! Big Grin

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rkentm:
Carrying a two-tone one right now. Use the Tripp Research COBRAMAGs in it. Super comfy to carry. Gave up carrying my 239 .40 when I finally found the right holster for this one.

Hey rkentm,

I'm using the 8rnd Cobras in my 3" S&W 1911 Pro. They have the baseplate extension so I can't overinsert them in a high-anxiety reload. I assume these will work in the SIG 1911 Ultra Compact too?

And what holster are you using? I have a very nice "old school" Alessi CQC-S for the S&W 1911 Pro and I hope it works for the SIG. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!