SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P 10.....anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P 10.....anyone have one? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone give any advice on CZ p10....Thanks in advance

Posts: 898 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Some early issues but they supposedly worked those out.

My two P10C SR guns that I ordered in December '16 just got to my FFL yesterday. I am trying to find time to pick them up. Plan on mostly shooting them suppressed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really really want to love it but as with other CZ polymer pistols, the grips texture is just no bueno for my tastes.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I got one after they first came out. When new the trigger was not the best. I took it to a 4 day private shoot and after putting 500 rounds through it (1000 by the time the shoot was done) the trigger was soooo much better! Night and day after a break-in! Mine has been very accurate from day one. It really likes 124gr +P loads.

Scurvy is correct about the grip being very aggressive. That's an easy fix. Some 320 grit sand paper knocks off the sharpness without losing the good grip factor. It's now one of my 2 carry pistols. The other being a Wilson EDC X9.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Pros: Great shooting dynamics, accurate, superb trigger with super short reset.
Cons: trigger reach is short, texture is very rough, mag release and slide stop very stiff.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks....

Posts: 898 | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
December '16

Wow, that's some lead time there. And here I was bitching about the year it took to get a couple of SP5Ks out of HK. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I preordered two of them off their mil/le program before they started shipping in January ‘17. I was told it would be awhile. I didn’t think over a year but oh well. I’m headed to my FFL to pick them up soon.

I had my LE dealer order a SIG 10” piston 5.56 upper seven years? ago. I think SIG forgot and my dealer forgot so I won’t bring it up since I broke down and built a 10.5” DI upper and it works fine.

My twin Gemtech Tundras are ready and I handloaded a bunch of 147gr and 165gr ammo to test out the CZs.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up last year when they first started to trickle out. I liked the grip ergonomics and it's accuracy, and value proposition. Dry firing it pushed me to purchase it. That all being said, I strongly recommend you take it for a live fire test drive at a range that rents them, as I actually ended up selling mine after an extended day at the range and ended up with a rather uncomfortable blood blister on my trigger finger. For me the trigger safety was just too thin causing the transfer of to much force to a small concentrated space, leading to the blood blister. This is the first pistol I ever shot that created this issue. If this hadn't of happened, I would have kept it as it otherwise was a great shooter.

Posts: 60 | Registered: January 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I have one, love it. To each their own but the ergos and trigger work for me.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot too. It is especially fun when shooting plates at the range. The reset is super short and facilitates rapid follow-up shots.

Mine is an early one and in about 1000 rounds mine has hung up twice as the slide returns to battery. Will eventually get around to sending it in for repair.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like minke. The only thing I have done is put Talon grips on mine. Rest is perfect.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victory favors
Preparation
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for about 7 months. It's a great pistol. The ergo's are great, very accurate and a short reset. I did not like the trigger shoe. Recently purchased a flat aluminum trigger from CZ and now it's my favorite striker fired pistol. Should mention I replaced the sights with the tritium sights from CZ. They're a little taller than the sights that came on the gun and offer a better sight picture. Very shallow rear sight notch on the originals and I am not a big fan of three dot sights.

P226 X5 L1 9mm
P226r ST 9mm
P229 ST Elite .40 S&W

Posts: 342 | Location: Northwoods of WI | Registered: April 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charlier26
posted Hide Post
I really like mine, but it is SO much like my Glock 19 that I don't really see the point. Trigger is very good without modification (Unlike my G19, which now sports an Apex). Only thing I don't like is that you can't get TFX sights from Truglo for it. The stock sights are fine, but I have TFX on almost all of my pistols for consistency.

It may have to go when I get the P365 (whenever that might happen).

Posts: 19 | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Love mine. Better trigger and more accurate than my glocks.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had one for about a month. Like those above I lightly sanded the stipple bumps on the grip....FNH aggressive, It is very, very accurate, The reset is close and short and the trigger pull is crisp. I do not like the shape or feel of the trigger after about 80 rounds and will be replacing it with a flat trigger with a 3 # striker spring. Sights ate great and do not contemplating changing them....actually like them alot.Muzzle rise a bit more than I expected but certainly not bad.

Posts: 85 | Registered: July 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one for a few months. The trigger reset was great, possibly the best out of everything I own, but a few other tiny things bugged me enough I didn’t keep it. Trigger take up was too long for me, I didn’t care for the sights, and the mag release needs a few hundred uses to un-stiffen. Also, the sweet low profile slide release was also too stiff for my weak thumbs.

Basically, overall it was just not as good as the VP9 for me. Solid pistol that lost out because there is just so much great competition from Sig, HK, FN, and S&W.

Looking at this post, it reads like I hate the P-10, but the complaints I have are really minor. I have other CZs that I can’t bring myself to get rid of. If it feels right to you, go for it. I’m certain it will serve you well.

Posts: 29 | Registered: September 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Waited a yeae for them to get me the suppressor ready version. The front and rear of the grip are sharp

Not minority enough!

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlier26:
I really like mine, but it is SO much like my Glock 19 that I don't really see the point.

You're right. Sell the Glock.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
Absolutely love mine. Installed HBI flat trigger, Cajun Gun Works tool steel striker with 3 pound spring, Bruce Gray Guns stainless steel guide rod with 15 pound spring. Trigger is awesome measuring 3 pounds 12 ounces on my Lyman Digital scale. One of the most accurate handguns I have ever owned. Love the ergonomics. Sold my Glock 19 and never looked back. Sold my Glock 43 when I purchased my P365. Use the CZP-10 as my home defense gun and my P365 as my EDC.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post