SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPQ .45ACP
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPQ .45ACP Login/Join 
posted
I like to hear from owners of the Walther .45 PPQ. Tell me the good and the bad .
Thanks in advance .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have the 9MM PPQ and tried the PPQ 45 and it was a really sweet and accurate shooter for me. I would have bought one but I already have a P220 and HK45 that I don't shoot enough. They are a heck of a good deal with the $100 rebate going on right now and very tempting.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the PPQ 45. It's an accurate shooter, very nice trigger, larger mag capacity than my Sig 320 and absorbs recoil well but the recoil is snappier than my full size Sig 320 45.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought a new pistol in a while but this one is definitely on my short list.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've owned a PPQ .45 for a few months now and although I've found it to be an accurate shooter, there's a lot more muzzle flip than my similarly sized "Commander" type (GRPII) 1911 Nighthawk Custom. Its obviously got a much lighter frame than the all steel NHC and the 10+1 capacity (I'm short a round due to living in the "People's Republic of California") provides a slight advantage over the 8+1 round capacity of any of my 1911s.

I replaced the standard (polymer) recoil spring guide with a stainless steel one and the OEM sights with a nice set of orange (front) Trijicon HDs. Both provided some degree of improvement over what was originally installed. Its a well made pistol and the price (especially with the current rebate going on) should make this a first rate choice for someone looking for a full sized polymer pistol in .45 ACP. Its not a "high grade" 1911, but one could literally buy a basket full of these for what one Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom, Ed Brown, or Les Baer would cost. First time .45 owners will not be disappointed.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post