SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG with triple serials and German proof marks means "Made In Germany"? Not necessarily.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG with triple serials and German proof marks means "Made In Germany"? Not necessarily. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Here is proof (pun not intended). Wink
This P220 MSE was obviously US made by the Custom Shop in Exeter.
The Germans only proof tested it as required by their law. Hence the proof marks. Yes, it's being sold in Germany.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Interesting factoid.
And....that is one dead sexy handgun.

Posts: 6303 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Gasp...importation from a war-mongering country! What will Merkel possibly think? And wait...insert foam at the top leaf of the case? This MUST be a time warp, no?

SIG NH's stainless quality has improved considerably over the past couple of years. We have a P229SSE in from Newington that finish-wise is an absolute beaut. If only it didn't have that most fugly, elongated extractor...just like the P220s like this example aren't saddled with.

So triple numbers are back, eh? Just like my '94 P229. Time warp, indeed.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Thanks 12131, very interesting.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Note the US15 and DE15 stamps.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sweet stainless sig. Looking for a P232 stainless but they seem seriously overpriced now that they are discontinued.

Quick metallurgical question...is stainlsess too brittle to make an extractor out of?

JB

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Gasp...importation from a war-mongering country! What will Merkel possibly think? And wait...insert foam at the top leaf of the case? This MUST be a time warp, no?

SIG NH's stainless quality has improved considerably over the past couple of years. We have a P229SSE in from Newington that finish-wise is an absolute beaut. If only it didn't have that most fugly, elongated extractor...just like the P220s like this example aren't saddled with.

So triple numbers are back, eh? Just like my '94 P229. Time warp, indeed.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:...

Quick metallurgical question...is stainlsess too brittle to make an extractor out of?

I have seen 1911 stainless extractors before.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Obviously a recently manufactured gun. Very interesting. It's quirks like this that lead to some idea of how things are done at SIG. Thanks for posting 12131!

I'm not familiar with the MSE. Any chance we could get a pic of the box label?

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Note the US15 and DE15 stamps.

First thing that caught my eye... well, that and what a damn fine looking gun that is! Cool

I've never seen the U.S. marking before. I wonder if this is simply a reflection of the German proofing convention of U.S. made guns or if SIG U.S. is adopting this convention as well?

Anyone spotted this U.S. marking on other U.S. made SIGs sold outside the country?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Interesting! Would make a great addition to any collection back here at home.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slick looking, any info if it includes a test target??

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sorry, seller only has those two pics on his website. But, this is a MSE, so the Item Number should be 220R5-45-MSE.

No test target, based on the 2 pics.

Price? Only 2,299.00 euros. Eek

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most SIG pistols offered in Germany are now US made, even the P226LDC models have their frames made in Exeter now.

P226 LDC Tacops from the Triebel website

Any firearm sold in Germany needs to have CIP approved proofmarks, so that's something SIG in Germany takes care of.

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gocad:
Most SIG pistols offered in Germany are now US made, even the P226LDC models have their frames made in Exeter now.

Any firearm sold in Germany needs to have CIP approved proofmarks, so that's something SIG in Germany takes care of.

Is this particular fresh of the boat or something? Because I don't see any proof marks on it. Confused

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Is this particular fresh of the boat or something? Because I don't see any proof marks on it. Confused

I can only take my own P220 as reference , its proof mark (and date code) are on the left side of the barrel, so you don't see it unless you strip the gun.

Posts: 184 | Registered: September 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

I can only take my own P220 as reference , its proof mark (and date code) are on the left side of the barrel, so you don't see it unless you strip the gun.

Are you over there (Germany)? So, your P220 was US made, shipped over there, and was proofed there, but has no proof mark/ date code except on the barrel hood? What about serial number? Do you have any pics? Thanks.

Q

posted Hide Post
Wait... that P226LDC frame was made in Exeter and exported to Germany, yet they won't sell a P226LDC in the USA???

That seems like an odd business decision, given folks have paid a hefty premium to import LDC's in the past.

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now I see, Triebel sells an all-stainless 'USA' LDC model as well... what cruel hell is this??

P226 LDC 'USA' Stainless

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:
And now I see, Triebel sells an all-stainless 'USA' LDC model as well... what cruel hell is this??

P226 LDC 'USA' Stainless

Shocking. I am surprised they'd even bother. This does not bode well for the future, IMO.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post