SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SilencerCo threaded barrel for P320 X-VTAC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SilencerCo threaded barrel for P320 X-VTAC? Login/Join 
Picture of Hawkeye
posted
Hi all:

Long time no posting.

That said, I have a new P320 X-VTAC on the way to me. I would love to run it as a suppressor host, so I've gotta find a threaded barrel that will run in it.

I have looked around, and there is the 4.6" one that comes with the Tacops Carry, but that's too short for the VTAC, which has a stock barrel that's 4.7" so a threaded one would need to be even longer than that to clear the slide and have room for the threads.

SilencerCo makes one for the fullsize P320. I can't find a specific length on that barrel, though. The fullsize has a 4.7" barrel stock as well, so I would imagine that this would work fine. The only issue I could see would be if the X-VTAC had a different outer diameter for the stock barrel like the X-FIVE does. I don't think it does, but I want to be sure. Has anybody out there with a VTAC tried a normal barrel in one for fit? Several commenters on Brownell's said that they had to do some fitting to get one to run in a VTAC.

Also for some reason SiCo doesn't list this barrel on their own website, even though Brownell's and several other places have them.

If worst comes to worst, I'll just buy a normal fullsize upper and run that barrel in it, but I'd really like to be able to run it with the stock slide and all.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hawkeye
posted Hide Post
Nobody?

Anyone with just general experience with the SilencerCo barrel in a normal P320? Was it straight drop in?

All my threaded barrels right now are factory SIG, and that's the way I'd go with this one if they made one, but they don't.

I'll also have to end up with another piston for my can, because they thread these English instead of LH Metric like SIG does.

Posts: 1501 | Location: Baltimore, MD, USA | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post