SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 SAS Gen 1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 SAS Gen 1 Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
All the chatter about the P239 being discontinued by Sig I realized I didn't have one, so I went to looking for my favorite version. P239 9mm SAS/DAK. This one is truly mint. Three mags plus one left over that I found in my holster drawer, so I have that covered pretty well. Handsome Sig IMO.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good. I have a .357 sig dak and a 9mm sa/da. Not getting rid of mine.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Sure is a purdy gun.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
That looks brand new! Nice score!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
That looks brand new! Nice score!

I believe it has ben fired, but surely not much. Two of the three mags look like they haven't been loaded. It was advertised as " Mint " Box is dated 2007.

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That IS good looking! I have the plain jane black in 9mm and plan on keeping it. Thanks for the pics.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
The gen 1 SAS line is one of the handsomest pistols Sig has produced in recent years. I have a gen 1 220 and a gen 1 229. As I’m a DAK fan, these are favourites of mine. In fact, I shot the 220 yesterday in an IDPA match in CDP Division.

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have never had a DAK.

Nice contrast

Posts: 377 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Looks very much like the one I let get away. Love to have that SAS/DAK back.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome acquisition! I also love the Gen 1 SAS pistols in DAK format. I currently own 3 of these beauties; a 220 (in .45 of course), a 229 & a 239 both in .40. The 229 is the only Sig that I have bought as a new pistol. The 220 & 239 as well as all my other Sigs were bought as used guns.

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks great. I have mine a long time made it a three gun. It came in 40s&w bought a .357Sig and a 9mm barrel. Installed CT laser grips.
screenshot windows 8

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
That's a pristine P239...

That model is one of my favorites and a daily carry.

Here's my Gen 1 with a P220 big brother.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Very nice SAS DAK. Those wood grips look so good but they do get a bit slippery.

Is the front sight still viable?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful P239! My 938 was similar in color. I just love that scheme/setup.

Great looking pistol, got2hav1.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You did very well, sir !

lubs me some Gen 1 P239 DAK Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellows. I pulled the slide off yesterday and the rails are pristine and barely a smiley on the barrel. I agree that the two tone and wood grips make for a good looking pistol. I used to have two of these at one time, ( P239 ) but for some reason I let them get away. I think this one is a keeper. Love your photos fellows, so don't feel shy about posting more. Here is the big brother P229. It has the best trigger of any DAK I have shot. Smile

Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Very nice SAS DAK. Those wood grips look so good but they do get a bit slippery.

Is the front sight still viable?

It has contrast sights, which I actually prefer in the daytime at least.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Thanks fellows. I pulled the slide off yesterday and the rails are pristine and barely a smiley on the barrel. I agree that the two tone and wood grips make for a good looking pistol. I used to have two of these at one time, ( P239 ) but for some reason I let them get away. I think this one is a keeper. Love your photos fellows, so don't feel shy about posting more. Here is the big brother P229. It has the best trigger of any DAK I have shot. Smile

That's interesting. I too have a 229 DAK and the trigger is the best in any gun I've ever shot and I've shot many. I wonder if that's inherent in that particular model of Sig.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Bulldog, I don't have an answer but the person I bought the P229 from told me it was the best he had ever handled as well. This one is a .40 but I have used my 9mm Firedragon drop in barrel in it and it works great.