SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Beretta M9A3...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Beretta M9A3... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
....I know they have been around for a while and I certainly like the looks of them but my LGS finally got two in today. First time I've seen them in person and I loved it the moment I saw and held it. The M9A3 is lighter than my M9A1, better trigger (even with the D spring) in that it is smoother and lighter, again great looks (subjective I know), excellent ergo's, etc. The quality seems rock solid and as much as I didn't like the M9 while in the military, I certainly like what I see of this gun so far. I look forward to the range with this one. BTW, I really like the case it comes in, top notch. The price has dropped quite a bit since it came out as well, so that is a plus as well.

Lastly, next to my other recent favorite gun, the Glock 19X.....

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'd like a "G" model. They were about $1k when they were released. What are they going for now?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M9A3 is a really cool package. I would prefer a 'G' model, but doubt I will take the plunge any time soon as I just picked up my new WC Cen Tac to go along with my Brig Tac.

Congratulations! Enjoy it.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Nice. I'd like a "G" model. They were about $1k when they were released. What are they going for now?

Mine was just over $900 bucks but at keelyarms.com, they are $876 plus shipping.

http://www.keelyarms.com/product_p/ber_js92m9a3m.htm

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I handled one when I picked up my Cen Tac a couple of weeks ago. I really liked it, very nice packaging too.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
gorgeous

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
It comes with different grips as well but I like these grips, just fits my hands better.

posted Hide Post
It's interesting to me how the Italy made guns have a different finish on the lower..instead of a grey its more of a rose-gold color.

How is the fit and finish on the rear of your slide? Any machining issues on the pic rail? Is your front sight staked in the dovetail?

I like the M9a3 - the good ones feel as smooth as a Wilson spec gun, and have better triggers out of the box.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
It's interesting to me how the Italy made guns have a different finish on the lower..instead of a grey its more of a rose-gold color.

How is the fit and finish on the rear of your slide? Any machining issues on the pic rail? Is your front sight staked in the dovetail?

I like the M9a3 - the good ones feel as smooth as a Wilson spec gun, and have better triggers out of the box.

-Freq

Looks like mine was made in Italy and the fit and finish look perfect. No machining issues on the pic rail and it does have a rose-gold color on it. It looks to be a solid, well built, piece of hardware. Once I held it, felt the trigger, I had to have it. And yes, the front sight is staked in the dovetail.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol. I love the Vertec grip

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I had planned to change over to G mechanism but procrastinated.

Now I've learned to use and am comfortable with the decock/safety on with option to flip safety up&off mechanism.

Dammit.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol. I really like the case.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pistol the Army should go with.

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Vertec always looks and shoots the best to me.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

-Freq

I never noticed that until you pointed it out. There is a difference.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:

Mine was just over $900 bucks but at keelyarms.com, they are $876 plus shipping.

Didn't you get your mil discount on top of that, too?

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
quote:

Kentucky Gun Co. had "blems" for $799 a week or so ago. Just checked and they're sold out. Kinda regret not getting one.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

-Freq

I never noticed that until you pointed it out. There is a difference.

Yeah it's odd. I think I prefer the grey myself. When I went to buy mine, I went through about 14-15 guns. All but two had serious fit and finish issues. One was a TN made gun, the other Italy made. The trigger was slightly better on the TN gun but the slide frame fitment was better on the Italy gun. TN guns were all grey frames, the Italy guns were all rose gold-ish. F and F between Italy and TN, the Italy guns
overall much worse, but both had serious QC cosmetic issues.

I ended up taking an Italy, but somewhat regret it as I think the grey colored frames look better than the gold ones.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This forum is such a bad influence, I got couple pistols on the list to buy this year, a 19x and a Beretta 92 series. I have a Glock 19 so I think the Beretta may go to the top of the list.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
So what is the story with the staked fromt sights?

I recently had an issue that I posted about in the Wilson/Beretta thread with the orange insert coming out of my front sight. Ameriglo is sending a replacement, but some of the guys reported the front sight on their gun was not staked. Mine is.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post