SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW SIGS AT SHOT?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW SIGS AT SHOT? Login/Join 
posted
Did a search and lot of new guns; but only Legion
variants of 238 and 938 appeared?

Entirely possible that many of you know more about this than I do, not being on the board frequently?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The X Compact and the new versions of Rattler look like their big adds this year.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, that and they put a thumb safety on the 365. They seem to have a new line of Tango6 scopes out; are they concentrating on optics this year?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Es, thanks to both you and Cat for replies. Guess the Rattler in 300 BO would have decent performance: but not 556 or 9mm. Catt, are thumb safeties going on all 365 or optional? Sometimes a manual safety, especially with a mag disconnect can affect trigger, so hope they don't add that too!

While I love my PMCX Virtus, probably would not have bought it, if I couldn't have purchased it as a dealer before retiring.

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I don't know. My guess is that they'll do the same thing they did with the 320 - treat it as an option.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Sig Sauer recently won the US Military pistol contract.

If history is any indicator, they will cease all real product development for about 20 years, just like prior winners colt and beretta

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I think Sig has some of the best R&D in the game. I doubt the Army contract will slow them down. I just wish they’d support their products. The 556 was an awesome rifle, but now my SBR and 16” are no longer supported. The 516 is a solid piston upper that is going the way of the dodo now. Same with the MCX.

Maybe I’d argue that their R&D slowing down might get folks like me to buy more of their products. If had any faith that the Virtus will be around in even 5 years, I’d probably buy ark least 4 of them today, and I’m not even being remotely hyperbolic.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig probably has a 5, maybe 10 year plan to sell a
model as deeply as they can in the marketplace, then discontinue it, forcing the consumer to buy
the latest/greatest think? Of course if sales for anything drop below some level, would make sense to discontinue a model? IMHO, if Sig is ready to announce this for any model, when this notice is given, the owners of said models would be offered part kits to purchase for a stipulated length of time? IMHO, Sig did us dirty with no notice on 239!

770-977-0662

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I thought all-cap thread titles were verboten.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
Sig Sauer recently won the US Military pistol contract.

If history is any indicator, they will cease all real product development for about 20 years, just like prior winners colt and beretta

They earned the contract two years ago. Immediately after, the P320 X-Five variation was released. Then last year they released the P365. Lots of stuff happening with ammunition, suppressors and optics too. Airguns even.

I understand stuff like the P229 SAO Legion is not really "new" development, but they have hardly "cease all real product development."

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post