SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compact/subcompact 45s. What are you carrying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compact/subcompact 45s. What are you carrying? Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Colt Defender .45 Acp. Small,light,powerful,accurate. and 100% reliable.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A brace of Dan Wesson 45ACP CCO's (Commander slide on Officer's frame).

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I dress to the gun.
I prefer the biggest gun I can conceal.
I wear suspenders to help support the weight of any gun I carry and prefer a OWB holster if possible.
That said, I usually carry a Kahr CM45 with extended magazine/grip. I feel I need to get 3 fingers on a 45.I always carry a extra mag in my pocket.
When I can, I carry a CZ Shadow 9mm with 19 rounds and a extra magazine in case of a malfunction. Sometimes when I'm driving and not planning on exiting the car, I carry my Sig P220ST 45 in a OWB cross draw holster (left side)so the seat belts interfere less with a draw.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Thanks again all for the continued info and pics.

Again, the shield 45 is not a consideration, for me. And yes, I have shot two different examples of the 2.0 shield 45. To diagnose problems with them for customers. Both were suffering FTFs. Cleaning the mags and replacing the followers SEEMS to have fixed the problem. I wouldn't accept one as a gift. Wink But buy what you want and like what you will. Smile

I shot the HK45c yesterday. VERY nice gun and it shot like a lazer. I may buy it. But "compact"? Not really a "small" gun.

I also shot my friends XDs 45 - original version. It was a handfull and the checkering on the grip frame was a bit much, for me. But it was accurate, reliable and thin. IWB with it would be very comfortable. I am considering it too.

And I am still thinking about the Mod 2 XDs 45. A very nice compact 45 that feels good in the hand and has a grip safety. I like manual safeties on guns. Especially on striker fired plastic guns. Wink Anyone know if its possible to delete the loaded chamber indicator? Or render it inoperable?

Thanks again for everyones input! Smile Regards 18DAI

Yes, the loaded chamber indicator can be removed.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shot the HK45c yesterday. VERY nice gun and it shot like a lazer. I may buy it. But "compact"? Not really a "small" gun.

It is the same size as a G19, also a 'compact', but not remotely a subcompact.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Wiley clap CCO,comfortable,light,accurate.

Posts: 2301 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
My favorite is S&W Shield 45 with extended mag I get 7+1 for 8 rounds total.
In a Tulster holster.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carried a shield 45 but prefer da/sa. Last 3 years daily carry Sig p220 compact. Conceals well, shoots great.

Posts: 6 | Location: Cape Cod, Ma | Registered: October 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smith 457 i picked up used.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Colt Defender .45 Acp. Small,light,powerful,accurate. and 100% reliable.

This ^^^^^ for me, too.

I love this little pistol. Helps that it shoots well for me Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
A tad on the big side I prefer my G30 S. Pickle Rick.

Posts: 2861 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
For about 4 years I have carried a Springfield XDs in .45.

I have recently upgraded to an XDs .45 Mod 2.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Lately, my HK 45C. It's a good shooter!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Thanks again to all who responded with their experiences and the great photos! Smile

Since I posted this thread, I continue to use my CS45. When I need something a little bigger, I had a gunsmith customize a 457 for me. Adding Novak Night Sights.

And last month I had a Performance Center Recon 45 modified for use as a daily carry 45. I had a gunsmith cut the ported section of the barrel which protruded from the muzzle off and recrown the barrel.

A Trijicon front night sight and a blacked out Novak rear sight with a U notch were added. He also went through the gun and replaced the trigger play spring and drawbar return spring.

The gun carries GREAT! Sort of like a 3913 on steroids. Wink It also shoots like a laser.

I think the CS45 and Recon 45 have all my carry needs met. The "search" is through. Thanks again all! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Colt Defender or Kimber TLE Ultra works well for me.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Wishbone that DeSantis Nemesis is one of my most used and favorite holsters. It works IWB GREAT! Always stays put on the draw.

One of the best buys I made. Not too much money either. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This little guy has proven to be reliable and damned if I don't shoot pretty nice groups with it.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have been tinkering with a USP 45 Compact and it carries remarkably well IMO.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have carried a Kahr CM45 for years.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Thanks again to all who responded with their experiences and the great photos! Smile

Since I posted this thread, I continue to use my CS45. When I need something a little bigger, I had a gunsmith customize a 457 for me. Adding Novak Night Sights.

And last month I had a Performance Center Recon 45 modified for use as a daily carry 45. I had a gunsmith cut the ported section of the barrel which protruded from the muzzle off and recrown the barrel.

A Trijicon front night sight and a blacked out Novak rear sight with a U notch were added. He also went through the gun and replaced the trigger play spring and drawbar return spring.

The gun carries GREAT! Sort of like a 3913 on steroids. Wink It also shoots like a laser.

I think the CS45 and Recon 45 have all my carry needs met. The "search" is through. Thanks again all! Regards 18DAI

I wish I could find a CS45 at a reasonable price. I have a CS9 that I love but really want the .45. Whenever I see them folks are asking stupid money. Neither of my .45s are carry candidates for me (P320 and RIA Officer).

Check out my blog at ammdog.com

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post