SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compact/subcompact 45s. What are you carrying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compact/subcompact 45s. What are you carrying? Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This isn’t anything exotic, by any means... I just find it easy for me to shoot well and to carry IWB. I like the fire controls, too. It’s got standard sights on it so, my next consideration is improved tritium sights. I’ve got a MGW sight pusher so, changing out sights will be a cinch!
-Bill

HK USP Compact

Former US Army, Sgt., 82nd Abn. Div. Paratrooper,
Infantryman, (81mm Mortars) Certified Armorer

Love God, Country, & Family

Posts: 89 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1911 either full size or commander size conceal very well. They are thin and comfortable IWB.
For something more contemporary, I also use the Glock 30S or the Shield 45. All my 45s, of whatever size or type, (except for the XDS) are smooth comfortable shooters. When carrying 45 these days, I opt for my new Sig 1911 Nightmare Fastback Carry.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Only 45 on my carry list..Colt Combat Commander XSE...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
SIG P245. When I first got it the DA trigger was horrible. Maybe about forty-seven pound trigger pull Wink. So heavy that I could not keep the front sight steady.

I called on Robert Burke for help, he put his healing hands on it, and now it feels like a normal SIG DA / SA trigger, but very smooth.

Changed the sights to fiber-optic, and it is a pleasure to shoot and easy enough to carry.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised no one has the .45 Shield. That sounds like a nice package for .45 ACP.

Not my pic.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Large is in the eye of the beholder. Smile

This won't help you any, but I carry an old Series 80 Colt LW Cmdr. Comfortable, fast and no printing with my Sparks VM-2.

Had a Colt O.M. once. Really liked it. Problem for me was grip sensitivity. Rear of grip hit my palm in the wrong place. Pivoted off a bone in the palm. Fine if you carefully seated the gun in the hand. Bad when digging out from a concealment holster at speed. Sold it to a friend. He had no problems...different hands.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Sig P220 SAS Compact. While not a small pistol, the shorter grip makes it easy to conceal. I do have a full size 8 round magazines with a grip extenders which I carry separately with the 6 round magazine in the pistol for concealment purposes.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I used to carry an M&P 45. I liked it a lot at the time.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
HK45C.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to beat a s&w cs45 other than a cs9 in 9mm, unfortunately my cs45 frame where the barrel rises on looks like it’s taken a beating, maybe a Springfield armory xde in 45

Posts: 151 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt New Agent and/or G36.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My SIG 250 subcompact has replaced my 229 as my EDC. Love it.
I carry full size mags for reloads.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In .45, I carry a P320 compact with manual safety and GrayGuns flat trigger. Very 1911ish. Cocked and locked, but striker. Also a Sig Nightmare Carry. And I have the P250 .45 Compact too, since it shares mags with the 320.
YMMV, but I dont go smaller than Combat Commander size in .45 since I feel that size range gives me the best control
I tried the G30 but did not feel it offered any real advantage over the other 45s I have.
You might consider the P245 as well. Mine was excellent.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
For a pure carry .45, a friend has the XDs Mod 1. Fantastic gun. Manageable recoil, very accurate, comfortable in the hand, light and concealable.

I carry this beauty acquired from Osage County Guns (member here) in a Nightingale holster Karmaed to my by Mojojojo. It's a commander sized SIG Revolution Carry in stainless that is smooth, reliable, easy to conceal, and pretty for barbecues.

It's still a commander sized gun, though, so it doesn't really meet the "compact" requirement with a 4.2 barrel and full sized grip.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
HK 45C is a great carry piece. Very nice gun. Also the Glock 30S is a nice .45, I have not tried the Glock 36 yet

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'm surprised no one has the .45 Shield.

Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
My go to depending on my attire : M&P Shield or my Glock G30 S. Both serve me well and I never feel out gunned. ( Placement over Capacity ).

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK 45CT. Essentially same size as a G19.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bdog488
posted Hide Post
My daily carry is a M&P Shield 45, I have been very happy with its accuracy and it is very controllable especially considering its size.

Posts: 143 | Location: Arkansas River Valley | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post