SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    AIM has M&P 40/357 mags for $10.95 ea.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AIM has M&P 40/357 mags for $10.95 ea. Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
http://www.aimsurplus.com/prod...agazine&groupid=6575

They are described as: "Factory Smith & Wesson M&P .40cal/357 Sig 15rd Magazine. Excellent to unissued condition."

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Likely from one of several failed M&P LE contracts. There have been large numbers of very lightly used PD trade-in M&Ps on the market lately, from agencies that ditched the M&P after a few years or even a few months.

Edit: Yep. Looks like AIM currently has PD trade-in M&P 40s for sale, but they only come with one magazine. LE contract M&Ps come from the factory with three magazines, so AIM just stripped two of the magazines from each handgun, and are selling them separately.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Has there been any trend with the agencies dropping the M&P, or is mum the word?

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
Has there been any trend with the agencies dropping the M&P, or is mum the word?

I know that several large agencies dropped the M&P after experiencing reliability issues, including North Carolina Highway Patrol, Texas DPS, and the LA County Sheriff's Office. Atlanta PD had an entire recall/replacement of their M&Ps a few years ago, and ditched them in favor of Glocks not too long afterwards. And there are reportedly a number of smaller agencies with similar experiences.

But that doesn't mean that every agency dropped them because of malfunctions. It may have simply been that someone like Sig or Glock came along with a deal that was too good to pass up.

In many cases, agencies are given new guns for free (or nearly free) by a distributor or manufacturer, in exchange for trading in their old guns. The old guns are then sold off, with the manufacturer/distributor's cost for the new guns being recouped from the sale of the trade-in guns (with perhaps a small profit too).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
The Los Angles County Sheriff's Department didn't ditch the M&P 9mm. They temporally stopped its issue and use due to poor training issues that was corrected.

Back to the OP:

I bought 3 of these. The ones I got are diffidently old LE mags. Not in excellent to unused condition, but for $10.95 I can't complain. They cleaned up nicely.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
The Los Angles County Sheriff's Department didn't ditch the M&P 9mm. They temporally stopped its issue and use due to poor training issues that was corrected.

I wasn't talking about the training-related Negligent Discharge issue from their 2014/2015 transition to M&Ps.

I'm talking about the earlier 2008/2009 reliability problems they ran into when they had previously tried to introduce the M&P, which wasn't a training issue:

quote:
SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT BROADCAST ANNOUNCEMENT
TRAINING BUREAU WEAPONS TRAINING
TO: ALL SWORN PERSONNEL
SUBJECT: OFFICER SAFETY ALERT - SMITH & WESSON M&P PISTOLS

RECENT DEVELOPMENTS HAVE FORCED A DEPARTMENTAL RE-EVALUATION OF THE SMITH & WESSON 9MM M&P SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL AS AN AUTHORIZED OPTIONAL HANDGUN FOR SWORN PERSONNEL.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THE SMITH & WESSON 9MM M&P FULL SIZE PISTOL IS NO LONGER AN AUTHORIZED OPTIONAL ON-DUTY PISTOL.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, THE SMITH & WESSON 9MM M&P COMPACT PISTOL IS NO LONGER AN AUTHORIZED OPTIONAL OFF-DUTY PISTOL.
SINCE FIRST APPROVAL AS AN OPTIONAL PISTOL ON DECEMBER 10, 2008, THE FULL-SIZED AND/OR COMPACT VERSIONS OF THE 9MM SMITH & WESSON M&P PISTOL HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED BY 49 SWORN PERSONNEL ON AND OFF DUTY. ONE OF THESE PISTOLS WAS DELIVERED NEW WITH AN IMPROPERLY MACHINED BARREL THAT WOULD NOT EJECT SPENT CARTRIDGE CASINGS. ANOTHER OF THESE PISTOLS EXPERIENCED A BARREL FAILURE IN MID-APRIL OF THIS YEAR. AFTER FIRING LESS THAN 10,000 ROUNDS OF TRAINING AMMUNITION. THIS PISTOL BARREL BROKE INTO TWO PIECES JUST AHEAD OF THE FIRING CHAMBER.
ADDITIONALLY, A SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF DEPUTY ACADEMY CLASS #377 RECRUITS WITH ISSUED NEW SMITH & WESSON 9MM M&P FULL-SIZE PISTOLS HAVE EXPERIENCED PHASE-2 PISTOL MALFUNCTIONS, CAUSED BY SPENT CASINGS FAILING TO EXTRACT FROM BARREL CHAMBERS, DURING THE PAST TWO WEEKS OF TRAINING. CLASS #377 RECRUITS WILL BE ISSUED BERETTA 92FS PISTOLS ON WEDNESDAY APRIL 29, 2009, AND THEIR M&P PISTOLS REMOVED FROM SERVICE.
PERSONNEL SAFETY AND RELIABLE EQUIPMENT REMAIN OUR PRIMARY CONCERNS.

DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO
LIEUTENANT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG[/EMAIL">XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG"]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG (<A href="mailto:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG)
SERGEANT XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG[/EMAIL">XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG"]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG (<A href="mailto:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@LASD.ORG) AT THE B.C. RANGE.

LEROY D. BACA, SHERIFF KBL/SNDG

But you're right that, unlike the other agencies mentioned, LASD hasn't ditched the M&P altogether. In fact, they expanded issue of the M&P a few years after this, once the reliability concerns were addressed by S&W.

posted Hide Post
My mags arrived today. As the ad stated, there is no packaging, but they appear to be unissued and unused.

Heck of a deal!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The M&P is an outstanding weapon system. It is a great choice for the po-leece. The problem that Smith and Wesson had was the same one that SIG (for a large part) is having currently. They got some really big contracts, and now they are pushing EVERYTHING out the door that they can to meet demand.
Smith and Wesson had some bonafide issues with early production guns. Sear flutter. It was absolutely nasty. It turned some guns into $500 paper weights. Smith followed the lead of Apex Tactical's research and beefed up the sear spring, and eventually the sear block housing and took care of the problem.
The early .40s had problems of the mags dumping out during firing. Then they had problems of the mags not coming out at all. All of which have been fixed now. They had problems with sights coming off. Sending slides out without being properly treated before it went to melonite, resulting in deep rust within the first couple of weeks. Then you had problems with officers that became at home gunsmiths. Guess what? The gun got the blame, not their shoddy work. You couldn't get extra magazines for the longest of time, and when you could, they were hugely expensive.

Because of all of this, many agencies that adopted the M&P, have dumped the M&P and went Glock. SIG probably has taken a sliver of that market with the 320, but until they get their collective heads out of their asses in dealing with the LE market, SIG will never again be a serious player in the LE market. They won't. Their attitude of "We'll knock a cool $2.50 off of each gun you buy" isn't going to fly in todays world of "We'll trade you one for one, and buy you all new leather, training ammo, etc" that the other companies are doing to put guns in holsters. Who do you think the po-leece are going to do business with?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
My mags arrived today. As the ad stated, there is no packaging, but they appear to be unissued and unused.

Heck of a deal!

I guess I will order some more. Maybe I will get unused ones!

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
$16.95 to ship 3 magazines kind of cools my enthusiasm a little.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
$16.95 to ship 3 magazines kind of cools my enthusiasm a little.

I think the shipping on mine (2 mags) was $8.95.