SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LE P365 different??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LE P365 different?? Login/Join 
posted
I placed a order for a Blue Line (or whatever SIG calls it) P365 a month ago. I called the dealer (who is a one of two SIG distributors in my state) as to the status. She said SIG was putting a hold on LE P365 models for 6 months. She said that they are different than the civilian model, due to the assumption that the guns will be used for "duty use". She said a normal P365 comes off the assembly line, and then are shipped to their LE division for "upgrades" like beefier springs, and other modifications. They said, SIG has a back log of over 2000 LE P365 orders and have only shipped out 150. Apparently SIG is going to concentrate on filling the civilian demand for 6 months and then work on the LE models. I assume because they make more profit from the civilian sales.... So, my question to you guys-

1) Have you heard anything about the supposed "upgrade" on the 365's for LE?

2) Any truth to the rumor of a 6mo hold?

Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I think she was feeding you a line of BS.

I have one of the First Responder P365's. I ordered mine in January and was delivered last month or so. I know of 12 that were purchased from my dealer for the First Responder Program. I hardly think the 12/150 would have gone to my small dealer in OKC.

Mine is no different than any other P365. Same Springs, same everything. The dealer is an ID10T.

As for the hold for 6 months? That I can't answer. I know when I bought my P320SC, my dealer (same guy) said it would 4-6 months on the First Responder Sigs. That was 3 months ago though.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh... that is what I was afraid of. Its a big gun shop.... huge volume, so they get a lot of product and deals... So I was surprised she kinda blew me off. She said she was traveling to SIG this week, so I'll see I guess. Might need to look elsewhere...Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
As a rule of thumb, the IOP guns generally get machined parts and a 3rd magazine. ( the MIM parts are supposedly almost completely cut out)

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
All of the pistols, whether for civilian or law enforcement use, are the same. Period.

The dealer you spoke with may have been referring to the large certified LE/Military specials being run by places like Quantico Tactical, which require proof of employment/appointment to obtain the advertised price. Although I have nothing concrete to confirm it, these dealers may have placed their direct orders with Sig 100-500 or so at a time instead of onesey-twosey because that’s how the dealer gets THEIR discount.

Sig most likely then fits each bulk order into a current production run and fills the order as soon as they can.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
As a rule of thumb, the IOP guns generally get machined parts and a 3rd magazine. ( the MIM parts are supposedly almost completely cut out)

Really? This is the first time I have heard of this.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a rule of thumb, the IOP guns generally get machined parts and a 3rd magazine.

The guns are exactly the same. The biggest difference as started IF purchased through the IOP program it generally comes with a third magazine.

The other big difference is that IOP and agency firearms are tested much more frequently than the standard firearms. They also go through a higher level of QC prior to shipping.

quote:
She said that they are different than the civilian model, due to the assumption that the guns will be used for "duty use". She said a normal P365 comes off the assembly line, and then are shipped to their LE division for "upgrades" like beefier springs, and other modifications.

Wow, what a load of crap. So she wants you to believe AFTER it's assembled, they ship them somewhere to be disassembled and parts replaced? Never ceases to amaze me what dealers will try to sell.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FotoTomas
posted Hide Post
I am still waiting on my LE 365. I put the money down three months ago and have not heard back. When I called B&H to check a month ago I was told they are dribbling in and my name was still low on the list. I bought one from my local dealer at a premium just to get it. Very happy so far. I will be visiting B&H tomorrow after qualifying at the SO range. Plan to bring home a GLOCK G30 SF and check on how long the wait on the LE 365. Since I now have one I might let this one go.

Keep your weapon handy, live free and prosper.

Posts: 814 | Location: Orlando and Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: April 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting thumb you got there, that's pretty much BS.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

ans yet he claims to be a many times certified armorer.

I'd like to hear more.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:

ans yet he claims to be a many times certified armorer.

I'd like to hear more.

This is all information that I’ve been given. I can’t verify that all IOP guns don’t get MIM parts. I will say the few I’ve seen have had machined locking inserts. My information might be a little out dated and is specifically limited to the P-Series.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sources LGS Master Distributor says,
Same gun
Lower price
Just like Glock

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Classic-line SIG pistols had machined locking inserts for a long time, but it’s also been a long time since they’ve obviously been MIM parts.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My understanding is same gun, same parts, lower price. Sometimes extra mag and night sights depending on the model but not for the 365. I picked up a program gun and its a lower priced commercial gun as far as I can tell.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 is probably the most talked about model in years. Sig cannot keep up with sales. Sig has no financial incentive to dedicate more product to LEO sales since it is the same gun just sold for less money than the commercial price which means a lower profit.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I see the accuracy of information put out by dealers and LGS hasn’t improved...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No machined parts in IOP - it's the same exact firearm with an extra magazine.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

No machined parts in IOP - it's the same exact firearm with an extra magazine.

I bought my P365 as an IOP gun, and it came with two mags, just like every other P365. No extra mag for me Confused

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Different parts? Where do people get this stuff? Ive got a stack of “regular” and “IOP” sigs. The difference is the price tag, the label on the box,and MAYBE an extra magazine. Thats it. Iop 365s are short right now because ALL 365s are in short supply right. It only makes business sense to direct limited production to regular retail where everyone, including Officers, can purchase them for the same price. When demand gets outpaced by supply they will return to the IOP inventory.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Horse pooey. Same gun.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post