SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LE P365 different??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LE P365 different?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
As a rule of thumb, the IOP guns generally get machined parts and a 3rd magazine. ( the MIM parts are supposedly almost completely cut out)

No machined parts in IOP - it's the same exact firearm with an extra magazine.

I bought my P365 as an IOP gun, and it came with two mags, just like every other P365. No extra mag for me Confused

Same here. My IOP gun has only two mags. There is no difference or extras.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
My IOP gun, my sons IOP gun, my OTHER sons IOP gun, two other officers on my department... their IOP guns... ALL came with 3 mags. I can't speak to any other differences as the only ones I have had access to were IOP guns.

Thanks,
BT

Seek out those called “experts” by the ones who have earned your respect. Avoid those who publicly proclaim themselves as one. Especially if they are selling T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Politely tell her that she’s a lying sack of shit or otherwise very ill informed

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We buy and sell a lot of IOP / APP pistols including APP P365's. We saw our first shipment in June with another two deliveries in July. No deliveries in August or September but one in October.

As others have said, Sig's demand is enormous and we see many more on the commercial side versus APP / IOP. We normally see commercial guns become available 3 to 6 months before IOP / APP.

I have been told by my APP rep that they do more extensive testing on APP guns before they're made available. I don't believe the parts are any different (for the most part).

There are exceptions though where there are small inline changes to models. For example, P226 TACOPS pistols on the commercial side have a fiber optic front sight. On APP it is a standard night sight. The -TAP MCX firearms on APP are all black but they are gray on commercial. I believe there have been some other instances like that but it isn't terribly common.

When the P320 upgrade started, the APP side was much more organized and aggressive about getting our inventory back and upgraded. We sent our APP P320's back before we had received communication about the commercial upgrade process and I think our APP pistols went back approximately two months before the commercial ones.

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I placed my order for a P365 back in April with the LEO supplier. I been out of the Great State of Texas for over six months on a RV trip to Alaska. I stopped at severl sporting goods in my travels just trying to get a feel of one of these guns and never got to even see one much less handle one. So we are back in Texas and to day I went and picked up my new P365 along with four extra 12 round magizines. I can say without a dough that this gun with the 12 round magazines in it feels great and I can’t wait to get some trigger time with it. My supplier stated the only difference in these and ones sold to the public is that all LEO guns are tested before leaving the factory. I’m retired now and this gun is really going to fit my needs as a every day carry gun.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
All of the pistols, whether for civilian or law enforcement use, are the same. Period.

The dealer you spoke with may have been referring to the large certified LE/Military specials being run by places like Quantico Tactical, which require proof of employment/appointment to obtain the advertised price. Although I have nothing concrete to confirm it, these dealers may have placed their direct orders with Sig 100-500 or so at a time instead of onesey-twosey because that’s how the dealer gets THEIR discount.

Sig most likely then fits each bulk order into a current production run and fills the order as soon as they can.

XM17-18 is segregated from the rest of the factory and uses different machines and inspections.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BloodyThumb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BloodyThumb:
My IOP gun, my sons IOP gun, my OTHER sons IOP gun, two other officers on my department... their IOP guns... ALL came with 3 mags. I can't speak to any other differences as the only ones I have had access to were IOP guns.

I stand corrected. I have been informed that the 3 mag package we got was due to an arrangement set up by the department to deliver ours with 3 mags instead of 2 for us.

I apologize for the mis-information. I really thought it was good info at the time.

Thanks,
BT

Seek out those called “experts” by the ones who have earned your respect. Avoid those who publicly proclaim themselves as one. Especially if they are selling T-shirts.

Posts: 167 | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
My IOP 365 purchased in August came with 2 mags.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a W320 L/E gun and it has pre tension lock up , and under the slide that rail that strips a round is full length from breach to the rear of slide , night sights and 3 mags barrel is for this 320 only .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post