SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well that didn't last long
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well that didn't last long Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Don't forget about the grip screw differences in older vs. newer pistols when you go to buy

what's different?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Sweet! An early P226, one of my all time favorites. Congratulations!

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1522 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Don't forget about the grip screw differences in older vs. newer pistols when you go to buy

what's different?

IIRC the older screws were either shorter or a different thread pitch? The only reason it sticks in my mind is because there was a member in the classifieds a while back looking for the proper screws for his gun....factory screws I think.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Nice. Looks like the slide has a little wear on it but not to bad.
Gotta love those Sigs with no rails. Just looks right.

I agree, the appeal of the rail-less look just keeps growing for me.

Congrats OP on the acquisition!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the hex screws out finally. An old friend who was a Sig Armorer back in the day when he was on the job, came through with some original grip screws. Just going with the updated "226" on the panel grips vs the E2 conversion. Have a local kydex holster contact making my holster. He makes a very good product. www.genotac.com

Posts: 176 | Location: Louisville | Registered: April 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My monitor isn't the best and it looks like there is some wear on those grips. They are pretty much vintage grips now and their are quite a few folks looking for them. Something else to consider...Sigforum classifieds. A sale or trade *(WTT) might work for you.

I have a similar 226 and would never part with it.

Please post pics when you get everything squared away.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
10-4 on the grips. Already have them sold once the new ones get here.

Posts: 176 | Location: Louisville | Registered: April 02, 2014Report This Post