SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well that didn't last long
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Well that didn't last long Login/Join 
posted
So, I'm working at the shop last week or so, and in walks a 1990 226, that belonged to a retired officer. He still had the box with it as well. Traded it and another pistol towards something else. Later on, I gave it the once over, but was content with my 2022. Well, here we are a week or so later, I traded the 2022 in with some boot, and the 226 is now mine. Just had to have it, I like the Classic line best. Not touching the frame, but the slide will get a do over.

[/URL][/IMG]

Posts: 176 | Location: Louisville | Registered: April 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. Looks like the slide has a little wear on it but not to bad.
Gotta love those Sigs with no rails. Just looks right.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Report This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
My favorite pistol ever! It is great to see this 226 orphan find a good home!

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I'd do a thing to it except send it to Sig for springs and sights.
I'm gonna do that with mine soon now that the sights have gone dead.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaptaboom:
I don't think I'd do a thing to it except send it to Sig for springs and sights.
I'm gonna do that with mine soon now that the sights have gone dead.

I agree. Beautiful as is. Honest light wear, not abused. But, it's his gun. Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Gotta love those Sigs with no rails. Just looks right.

...Ditto...

Nice classic P226 you have there, ReconJon!

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
She's beautiful just the way she is. Nice grab!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Very nice find.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nice find. I am also in the leave the slide be camp.

But, whatever you do, enjoy that beautiful P226.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
New recoil spring on the way should be here Wed, then off to the range. Planning to get the slide cerakoted in April while I'm out of town. Getting basic black, keeping it simple. This is going to be an EDC and wouldn't have it any other way.

posted Hide Post
I think you'd be surprised and very happy with what simple cold touch-up blue would do to your slide.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun good shape for its years.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm...going to have to give the cold blue a thought.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Nice find. I am also in the leave the slide be camp.

But, whatever you do, enjoy that beautiful P226.

Seconded.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried the cold blue, actually did pretty good. Will try to get a pic up for comparison. I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Onto another small issue...grip screws are on exceedingly snug. My guess is previous didn't put a drop of oil on the threads. Ordering a new set of grip screws ASAP.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ReconJon:
Tried the cold blue, actually did pretty good. Will try to get a pic up for comparison. I'm satisfied with how it turned out. Onto another small issue...grip screws are on exceedingly snug. My guess is previous didn't put a drop of oil on the threads. Ordering a new set of grip screws ASAP.

Maybe previous owner put some red Loctite, or Krazy Glue even, on the threads. Those grip screws are not original anyway.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the same pistol using just a cold blue pen.

[/URL][/IMG]

posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the grip screw differences in older vs. newer pistols when you go to buy.

Also, a hairdryer can be used to heat the metal slightly before cold blue touch up.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks pretty good to me. A carry gun can take a beating no reason to go further.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Report This Post