SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
People like to shit talk things that haven't even been revealed yet. I for one like it when companies put out new stuff. Even if I don't like the actual product. Competition is never a bad thing.

It isn't just shit talk. I bet whatever it is it has already won the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye for handgun of the year. Springfield just won one for the innovative and all new Saint rifle and they won another for the earth shattering innovation of adding night sights to the EMP. It will be a huge success and make the advertising sales quotas for a bunch of different magazines.

So you would rather companies not put out anything new? And the original EMP had night sights stock from the factory. The new version has fiber optic sights. I don't own anything Springfield or plan on getting anything from them but I also don't get my dick in a knot like the assholes in the link posted above when they announce something. Some people just aren't happy if they aren't bitching about something Roll Eyes

This. If you not trying to grow and expand, you're not going to make it. Competition is a good thing and makes you look at your product to see how you can possibly improve.
Is it innovative? Probably not. It's another polymer pistol. Will it sell? Yep. Some will like it, some won't.
It's really pretty simple. You don't want it, don't buy it.
I relate this to my teenage daughter's eating habits.
"I cooked some peas to have with supper".
"I hate peas".
"Have you ever tried them?"
"No".
"How do you know you hate them then? "

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
"How do you know you hate them then? "

My response (back in the day): "They're green." Didn't fly very far with Mom, from what little I recall these many years after the obligatory smack on the head... Wink

Product development is always a good thing. However, overabundance of product is not. As a retailer we have no choice but to pick and choose what to carry; just like the consumer there's only so much money (and credit) to go around. And Springfield already has a LOT of handguns to puzzle and agonize over on what to stock. That said, if this is a .380 as some have speculated that could be a good thing. A VERY good thing, because it would probably mean that it's Made In America (ATF import scoring bias against 380s, you know), just like the G42.

That would be significant for Springfield; making polymer guns domestically. If however this is the next greatest thing since the Taurus Curve...PASS.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Whatever they come out with, I sure hope they tell me where the 'BULLET ZONE' is. I was quite confused the last time I looked at an XDs.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springfield has become the company that cried wolf. If one is going to create circus hype about a product and engineer such drama, there needs to be a payoff. So far, there has been absolutely nothing remarkable about their offerings. Do this one or two times, and the interest flattens.

So many were disgusted with the notion that the "saint was something other than another AR clone, it's hard to get too excited when springfield crows about something new. So far, they lied. Credibility is in the toilet. Hopefully this latest circus act doesnt flush it for them.

It's a shame that their ad campaign is being managed by a Barnum & Bailey refugee, because they do make good products (or import them). Just nothing worthy of the hype.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Actually a DA/SA polymer with an ambi safety/decocker. Couldnt find out the size, or how many models.

Bird told me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
DA/SA with a hammerand decocker/safety - in 9mm or 45, is something I will buy. I hope that "little bird" is right!! Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
No videos of hot chicks in workout clothes showing off the new guns yet? Confused

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tell you what, make it a DA/SA polymer and advertise it appendix carry with a hot chick in Yoga pants and I'll totally buy it. Eek Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No videos of hot chicks in workout clothes showing off the new guns yet?

This what you are looking for??

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Definitely hammer fired with a safety for at least one model.

Banner from show leaked. Color me intrigued that a new hammer fired pistol is being introduced.

I am a trend setter with my move back to DA/SA. Wink

I won't carry with it pointed at my crotch though. Smile

A little more googling. It looks like an XDs with a hammer and a safety/decocker, standard trigger, no grip safety. Single stack. Probably XDs mags. It's grip is basically MoD 2 grip zone which is a very nice grip just with a stupid name.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So as stated above, looks like a hammer fired XDS. If it truly is a DA/SA and actually is the same size as an XDS then looks like the smallest/thinnest 9mm DA/SA para pistol ever made. This might actually be a big deal.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The xds is too big for a 9mm single stack and they just had to tell me where the grip zone is so nope.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Well, no complaints about not having a grip safety yet.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Initial review XDe

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I won't be running out to purchase one, I can see this model selling a ton. I've heard grumblings of people wanting Sig to make a P938 sized, 9mm DA/SA pistol for quite some time and it seems that Springfield beat them to it. I agree with the reviewer that I would prefer to see a decocker only version but the truth is that I wouldn't buy that either.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
No videos of hot chicks in workout clothes showing off the new guns yet? Confused

Here you go:
Fast forward to the 30 Sec mark.

As to the new pistol, it's not game changing, but an affordable single stack, light weigh, cocked and locked capable pistol is not a bad thing in my book. I carried a P239 for a number of years and I can see some similarities in the new pistol.

Posts: 4587 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got the email from SA with the specs.

3.3" barrel and 25oz. Same size and weight nearly as a Smith&Wesson 3913. Little bigger than a Smith CS9.

Both those Smith's have as strong following even though they are out of production so hopefully it does good for SA - but it ain't earth shattering or ground breaking.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Glad to see somebody making a new DA/SA pistol.

Maybe the current company posing as s&w will be convinced to bring back the 3913 or CS9. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bad info, deleted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tusk,

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post