SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Springfield Armory announced they are introducing the new XDe platform at the NRA show.

Maybe some members will get to see it, there is a twadder and fartbook link

Facebook linky thing

Introducing a new Springfield Armory® pistol so compact, so capable, and so comfortable you'll carry it everywhere.

Come see it unveiled on Friday at the NRA Annual Meeting[B]Released 9mm 3.3 inch single stack hammer fired see page 3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I'm tepid about the XD series.
Though, I'd like to see what they have done and look forward to their new offering.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
My face ain't a twit, so no lookie for me.

Just what we needed; yet another platform out of HS and Springfield. So maybe it's finally TIME to retire the original XD series, perhaps? Wouldn't miss the XDm series, either.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are going to break new ground I think. The Saint revolutionized rifles and all. I'm thinking they will apply that same level of innovation and bring out a whole new style of concealed carry handguns with a stack barrel, single action derringer that breaks the mold and instead of mother of pearl grips they use the groundbreaking G10 material and instead of .41 Rimfire they again venture where no one has gone before and chamber it in the hot, new centerfire round .38WCF (38-40) or gasp be still my heart, .44 Russian.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
No bookface for me so I guess I'm out

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
(not a Facebook member and no interest)

Will the new gun lose the "GRIP ZONE" label? As if there were some other place to grasp it. Captain Obvious must have come up with that.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A single stack Mod 2 take off perhaps? SA certainly knows how to kill a promotion...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
I for one will stick with Sig. M1-A's yes. X D's no.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is I hope their marketing idiots didn't have a say so in its appearance

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
modular chasis a-la P320?

2nd look- more likely something along the lines of G43?

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. Striker fired plastic is probably a given. I hope its a small THIN 45. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
A glimpse from a freeze frame on a video gives the impression of a sloped rear of the slide with what appears to be a slot. This is causing some to believe it's hammer fired. It looks vaguely like the old LC9 rear.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
The ONLY reason I could see for marketing a hammered fired plastic gun these days is to appeal to appendix carry.

Now me personally I dig hammer fired DA/SA but let's be honest it's a striker fired plastic been there done that world.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had an original XD-9, and loved the look of it, it was in fact my very first pistol purchase back in 2007.

The original XD was a nice looking gun but these later versions seem to get uglier and weirder looking each time to me.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
My anticipation is that of a 380 version of the XDS lineup. The email I received stated something along the lines of "a pistol so compact and comfortable you'll want to carry it anywhere." Either way whatever it is I'm sure it'll be another huge hype with zero interest.

They've already got the 9,40,45 in the XDS

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://soldiersystems.net/2017...act-pistol-at-nraam/

Some pretty funny comments on the bottom. Besides Glock, I think Springfield Armory XD, XDm and so on are the #2 hated pistol.
I've had a bunch of the Springfields and thought they were good pistols. Never had a problem with any of them.
Have to see this pistol in person and then decide.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
People like to shit talk things that haven't even been revealed yet. I for one like it when companies put out new stuff. Even if I don't like the actual product. Competition is never a bad thing.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
People like to shit talk things that haven't even been revealed yet. I for one like it when companies put out new stuff. Even if I don't like the actual product. Competition is never a bad thing.

It isn't just shit talk. I bet whatever it is it has already won the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye for handgun of the year. Springfield just won one for the innovative and all new Saint rifle and they won another for the earth shattering innovation of adding fiber optic sights to the EMP. It will be a huge success and make the advertising sales quotas for a bunch of different magazines.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:

It isn't just shit talk. I bet whatever it is it has already won the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye for handgun of the year. Springfield just won one for the innovative and all new Saint rifle and they won another for the earth shattering innovation of adding night sights to the EMP. It will be a huge success and make the advertising sales quotas for a bunch of different magazines.

So you would rather companies not put out anything new? And the original EMP had night sights stock from the factory. The new version has fiber optic sights. I don't own anything Springfield or plan on getting anything from them but I also don't get my dick in a knot like the assholes in the link posted above when they announce something. Some people just aren't happy if they aren't bitching about something Roll Eyes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
quote:

It isn't just shit talk. I bet whatever it is it has already won the American Rifleman Golden Bullseye for handgun of the year. Springfield just won one for the innovative and all new Saint rifle and they won another for the earth shattering innovation of adding night sights to the EMP. It will be a huge success and make the advertising sales quotas for a bunch of different magazines.

So you would rather companies not put out anything new? And the original EMP had night sights stock from the factory. The new version has fiber optic sights. I don't own anything Springfield or plan on getting anything from them but I also don't get my dick in a knot like the assholes in the link posted above when they announce something. Some people just aren't happy if they aren't bitching about something Roll Eyes

It will be so new I bet. Never before seen.