SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What striker fired pistols require pulling the trigger before removing the slide?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What striker fired pistols require pulling the trigger before removing the slide? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Other than the obvious—the Glock? The SIG armorer manual for the P320 states “Unlike its competitors, the P320 does not require the operator to pull the trigger … to field strip the firearm ….” One competitor that does not require pulling the trigger to remove the slide is my old original S&W M&P, and I’m curious about other striker fired pistols that I’m not familiar with.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I thought there was/is a thread that states the M&P can, in fact, be disassembled by the "trigger pull" method. Not that it is stated in the owner manual, but it can be done.

I'll have to go try...

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
The FN FNS and FN 509.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My M&P has a little lever that is rotated down into the mag well for disassembly. Pulling the trigger doesn’t do it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Think the APX can be done either way. I think there is a striker disengagement.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK VP9 comes to mind.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
HK VP9 comes to mind.

Confused

I just watched three YouTube videos about disassembling the VP9 and all of them showed removing the slide without pulling the trigger.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
HK VP9 and P30 do not require pulling the trigger to disassemble.

Walther PPQ does require pulling the trigger.

FN FNS and 509 require pulling the trigger.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just watched three YouTube videos about disassembling the VP9 and all of them showed removing the slide without pulling the trigger

The VP9 doesn't require pulling the trigger. I misread your question in terms of which group you wanted noted. HK describes it as even safer than average since the mag has to be out and the slide locked. Not sure if that's actually a benefit.
sigfreund, sorry about the confusion and you wasting time looking it up.

posted Hide Post
Dwill104 are you sure about the FNS. I have one but haven't touched it in quite awhile. I'm 99% sure you don't have to pull the trigger.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Dwill104 are you sure about the FNS. I have one but haven't touched it in quite awhile. I'm 99% sure you don't have to pull the trigger.

Page 31 of the FNS manual says you have to pull the trigger.

https://fnamerica.com/wp-conte...-FNS_OM_R5_final.pdf

I have a 509 Tactical, and it definitely requires pulling the trigger.

Edit: I checked my FNS-9C and it also requires pulling the trigger.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah! You are correct. I remember it now. Yup you do have to pull the trigger and the sob is a mother PIA to disassemble even then. Thanks for the reminder of the many reasons I didn't love this pistol.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My Caracal requires a trigger pull.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
My M&P has a little lever that is rotated down into the mag well for disassembly. Pulling the trigger doesn’t do it.

Not to be contrary, but I never use the lever. I always just pull the trigger on my M&P's to disassemble.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
Not to be contrary, but I never use the lever. I always just pull the trigger on my M&P's to disassemble.

Perhaps I have a different version, but pulling the trigger does not work with mine. The lever must be moved down.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Throw the Steyr on the list.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I guess there are enough to validate SIG’s claim. Smile

Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Diamondback DB380, Taurus PT111 G2, Walther PPQ M2, Canik TP9... all require trigger pull

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the replies. I guess there are enough to validate SIG’s claim. Smile
Just be careful not to drop it! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:

Perhaps I have a different version, but pulling the trigger does not work with mine. The lever must be moved down.

Do you have a magazine safety? The kind that wont fire without a magazine in the gun? In which case, if you inserted an empty magazine into the gun, and pulled the trigger, then ejected the magazine, your slide should come right off Glock style.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post