SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I found a Gen 2 glock 20 what to do ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found a Gen 2 glock 20 what to do ?? Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I found this gen 2 Glock 20 that looks to be in great condition not even any bluing wore of the barrel in the old lid style box $450 OTD thought it was a gen 5 when I first saw it but I don't think they are out yet if they plan on producing them. yea or nay ?

Do I need this punishment or do they shoot pretty well out of this platform.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I would have been posting a thread about my new Gen 2 G20, personally.

The first Glock I ever shot was a Gen 3 G20, and it recoiled only slightly harder than my P220. One hole at 7 yards. I thought I hated Glocks before that, and it was like the heavens parted.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Get it!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t shot a G20 but the first Glock I shot was a G29 probably 20 or more years ago. Surprised how tame the recoil was in that thing. I will probably use one of my GSSF certificates for one hear in the near future, a 20 that is.

I’d say go for it.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing punishing about it, It can even shoot .40 S&W without changing mags or barrels.. just load em up and shoot em. I’d buy it, hell I’d be speeding back to that gun store

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I just got a good look at the full size image. That thing might have had a few mags run through it and back in the box. Forget barrel smileys, the frame texture looks brand-new almost and that's the first thing to go.

Go buy it and run out the door like you stole it.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No, This is really bad. Don't do it. I am willing to save you from suffering. Please send me the location where this item is and I'll save you the anguish. Wink

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jump. The G20 is very versatile. 40S&W, high power full performance loads or the milder factory stuff, the G20 does it all. And you can tune it and tinker with it too.
Great gun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Glock 20 SF, the original frame had too long a reach to the trigger. It packs a punch with the Underwood Loads.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I found this gen 2 Glock 20 that looks to be in great condition not even any bluing wore of the barrel in the old lid style box $450 OTD thought it was a gen 5 when I first saw it but I don't think they are out yet if they plan on producing them. yea or nay ?

They are great shooters for that caliber. I'd check out the 10mm forums. Lots of goon talk on there about getting every square ounce of performance out of the 20's with hot-loaded factory and custom handloaded ammo.

Some try to make it the 10mm magnum. If you don't reload and you aren't going to shoot lots of the specialty loads, you'll be fine with the stock barrel. Aftermarket ball busting barrels tend to offer more chamber support for the extreme stuff. Luckily, I have magnum revolvers that are larger caliber if I want to get the magnum affect. I'll hold on to my stock barrel and keep things at respectable pressures and velocities...at least for now Wink

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I have the Glock 20 SF, the original frame had too long a reach to the trigger. It packs a punch with the Underwood Loads.

Yeah.

IIRC, all of the pre-SF G20s have the fattest grip and longest reach of all, and it can be a problem if ones hands aren't big enough. But if it's comfortable for you, it's a moot point.

Other than that I love Gen-2 Glocks without the finger grooves.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 20 Gen 3 SF. The only Glock I really really liked. Shot like a pussy cat and was the most accurate Flock I have shot. An old Glock 21 was in second place accuracy wise. Stupidly sold it. To be honest with you it would be the only Glock I would buy/take back.

Get it. You will like it.

Posts: 4028 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love a 2nd Gen G20, would have picked it up quickly for that price!

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I would have been posting a thread about my new Gen 2 G20, personally.

What he said.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
LOL, git dat sumbich now!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I want a G20, but I wouldn't buy one without a rail. It would be fine for range gun, not so much a woods gun.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So what did you do? Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Buy it. That G20 is in pristine condition, and the recoil is absolutely controllable. Frankly, my G20 is more pleasant to shoot even with hotter loads than my G22. Plus, Glock probably isn't going to make the 20 in the Gen 5 format.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
You should tell me where it is! Smile

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
The G20 is great, 2nd gen is fine. I personally had one, but I do like the finger grips. The recoil is tame for that caliber! In that condition its a steal. Jump on it!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post