SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dan Wesson and Wilson Combat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Wesson and Wilson Combat Login/Join 
10mm Angler
posted
Within 2 weeks, I was fortunate to acquire a Dan Wesson Valor in 10mm and a Wilson Combat Beretta Centurion. I did not really notice the grip material similarity until photographing them for my records.

I am eager to shoot both of them!

free picture hosting site

Posts: 183 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
You chose a fine pair. Enjoy both of them.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
Excellent choices. Curious to hear how you liked shooting both. Congrats.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson Combat Grips are allegedly made by VZ grips. VZ makes some models to specs provided by Wilson and others with Wilson logo. VZ displays Wilson Comabt's Logo on their website. I suspect Dan Wesson, may have sourced their grips from VZ as well. Check out VZ's 1911 Grips. You may find a similar in their catalogue.

That said, those are beautiful pistols and I'm not a "fit and finish guy" but those are down right beautiful. I've been particularly enamored of the Wilson Berettas as of late.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rorke you have to tell us how the 10mm shoots !! Really nice pistols. I didn't know they were making the Valor in 10mm. I have a new KKM extended barrel in my G29 and its really got me hot for more 10mm.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Wilson Combat Grips are allegedly made by VZ grips. VZ makes some models to specs provided by Wilson and others with Wilson logo. VZ displays Wilson Comabt's Logo on their website. I suspect Dan Wesson, may have sourced their grips from VZ as well. Check out VZ's 1911 Grips. You may find a similar in their catalogue.

That said, those are beautiful pistols and I'm not a "fit and finish guy" but those are down right beautiful. I've been particularly enamored of the Wilson Berettas as of late.

VZ does make Wilson Combat grips. They are the source for the grips for the upcoming Langdon Beretta as well. I have two WC Berettas and absolutely love the grips although I am considering replacing the ultra thin grips on my Cen Tac with the same grip in standard thickness.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Valor comes in 9, 10 and 45.
New finish from dan Wesson is Distressed.
Kinda partial to Valor pistols.
Very nice pair.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm Angler
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I hope to shoot them both at the end of the week. I snapped a few more photos.

DW Valor side by side with my Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special:

Centurion:

Posts: 183 | Location: Park County | Registered: February 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Can YOu post more wilson beretta 92 centurion pics?

P229c

Posts: 7 | Location: Poland | Registered: October 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DW logo micarta grips were made by VZ.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Both VERY nice specimens.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I do like those Valors, and in 10mm that's just one heck of a bonus.

So...now that you've had eight months with them, how have they worked out for you?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Beretta is beautiful!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post