SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 42, Rubber stick on grips or Handall Jr.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 42, Rubber stick on grips or Handall Jr.? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
As the title says. I have had the stick on rubber grips since I bought it in 2013. They are starting to peel off. I knew they wouldn't last forever. Either one is approx. $10 so costs doesn't matter. I usually don't like a slip on grip but for a gun so small I need some help with the grip. Please take the poll....

Question:
Which grips would you get?

Choices:
Stick on rubber
Hogue handall jr?

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Really like the Talons..

Posts: 2301 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I like talons on the G19/23, but the G42 & 43 the Hogue.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends. Do you want for size or for grip?

Talons just for grip. Hogue for size. I don't normally like the slip ons, I had one on my P229 for years until they came out with the overmolded. The slip ons would slip around a bit. Now, the P320 beavertail one I just got is so tight (on a large module), I had a really hard time putting it on, and doubt it'll slip...ever. I may need to cut it off if I wanted to remove it.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talons for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Have you tried using a cut section of bicycle inner tube?

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Another vote for rubber Talons

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I have the soft Talon panels on mine and it really transforms the gun for me.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Beavertail Hogue

Have them on my 43s, adds just enough to further tighten the pistol in hand. Not too sticky to catch on clothing.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
The beavertail Hogues are the balls as long as you don't mind your grip getting a smidge fatter.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I don’t mind the grip getting a little fatter. The gun is so small to me, it should help. I just worry about getting the grip on. Seems like those slip on ones are tough to get on right. Any suggestions?

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
For the G42, I love this one - HandAll Beavertail Grip Sleeve Glock 42, 43 Black - because the gun is so small I like the extra girth in the grip. It take a little effort to get on the G42, but it's not too hard. It's secure and doesn't move.

I also put one on the G43 (it's the same grip for both), however after awhile I did't like it since it made the G43 too big IMO - so I cut it off and put on a normal Handall Jr - which had to be trimmed slightly to not overhand the magazine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Talons. I have them on several pistols and they work. I found they last about two years on a duty gun that's carried every day in all types of weather.

Posts: 391 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Thanks everyone. I don’t mind the grip getting a little fatter. The gun is so small to me, it should help. I just worry about getting the grip on. Seems like those slip on ones are tough to get on right. Any suggestions?

Windex. Spray a little on the gun and it will slip on MUCH easier.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:

Windex. Spray a little on the gun and it will slip on MUCH easier.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I have these for my Ruger LCP and Kahr CW380.

Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove

Although I did buy this for the wife's G42..

Hogue 18207 HandAll

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, I don’t need them on my G42. I use Talons on two other pistols as they fit the bill.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Rubber Talons on my Shield 9 and Glock 43.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone’s input but I chose the hogues since I’ve never tried them. I absolutely love this grip for this pistol. The windex suggestion was on par! Thank you!