SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Just purchased a P320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just purchased a P320 Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted
Was out and about yesterday looking for a new toy. Handled many striker fired pistols at the LGS and ended up buying the P320 Compact in 9mm (10rd due to CT laws)Fit my hand like a glove and the stock sight picture was really good.

This particular gun did not have the trigger upgrade, I don't know if I'm gonna rush to send it in or hold off for a while... I did some research but my only question is can this ship right from my house to Sig and back with the shipping label they send, and buy what carrier???

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
It’s a FedEx shipping label. You will have to take it to a full service FedEx shipping center to go out. Delivery is to your home, signature required.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
It’s a FedEx shipping label. You will have to take it to a full service FedEx shipping center to go out. Delivery is to your home, signature required.

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your new 320! I love my 320 compact in 45.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Great find. I wouldn't rush either. Get to know her first.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll likely be fine if you don't send it in.
However,a rep told me__it's best to be compatible
with all newly manufactured P320 pistols...so I'm on the list now.
They'll send you a shipping label, usually FedEx.
Real simple.
Congrats on your new P320. One fine pistol.
Stay safe out there
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new 320. It's your first and may not be your last after you've become familiar with it. That's coming from someone who has more than one.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can you tell if a new P320 has the upgrade already? I saw an X5 the other day - very nice. And the flat trigger was hollow on the back so I know it's not a "problem" trigger. Just don't know if the disconnector mode was done or not...

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

I called FedEx and scheduled a pick up and they came to the door to get it and returned it to the door 8 days later. They will pick up at your house.

Posts: 207 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lcbjr77:
Was out and about yesterday looking for a new toy. Handled many striker fired pistols at the LGS and ended up buying the P320 Compact in 9mm (10rd due to CT laws)Fit my hand like a glove and the stock sight picture was really good.

This particular gun did not have the trigger upgrade, I don't know if I'm gonna rush to send it in or hold off for a while... I did some research but my only question is can this ship right from my house to Sig and back with the shipping label they send, and buy what carrier???

You might as well register it for the upgrade. Those who registered their pistols on the first day it was possible to do so waited nearly a month before receiving shipping labels. I know some who registered their pistol(s) near the beginning of October who are still waiting to get a label, and one person who has been waiting over 2 months after registering to receive one.

Once you get a shipping label you need to use it within 90 days. Between waiting for a label and nearly another 3 months, you will probably know whether or not you want to send it in.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Office Max that has a Fed Ex inside their store. I have shipped a few Ruger handguns through that particular Fed Ex. I don't tell them what it is and I ask for a receipt. It might have to do with having a prepaid shipping label.
I'm usually in and out in a couple minutes. I'm not even sure where I'd have to go to a Fed Ex hub. Doing it this way works for me.Then they deliver it right to my front door. As mentioned an adult signature is required.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't tell them what it is and I ask for a receipt.

Sounds like a great reason for them to reject a claim is the shipment gets lost.

http://www.fedex.com/us/freigh...ibited_articles.html

Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
I don't tell them what it is and I ask for a receipt.

Sounds like a great reason for them to reject a claim is the shipment gets lost.

http://www.fedex.com/us/freigh...ibited_articles.html

Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm.

Thanks, I guess I need to find where the nearest Fed Ex hub is. They don't ask and I don't mention it. If I was asked I would tell them it's a firearm. I know Ruger always said make sure you ask for a receipt. I figured that would cover me if it's lost or stolen.
I appreciate the info.

*** A Proud NRA Benefactor Member***

Posts: 212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
When I dropped mine off, I specifically mentioned it to the two clerks. They simply said "ok". of course it's the Portsmouth hub where all the Sig packages are routed through. They have one truck dedicated to these returns.

I know the UPS outlet in Staples will not accept a firearm. My concern is that the Mailbox Etc types simply throw the package into a cart accessible to anyone. Most times no one is watching it as they have other tasks with the copy and print areas.

I had to drive by the Exeter repair facility to get to the FedEx hub.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Sig won't let you drop it off in person?

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmilbauer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for posting these! Very helpful.

Posts: 85 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post