SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Best Fiber Optic type sights for a Sig
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Fiber Optic type sights for a Sig Login/Join 
posted
Hey guys--I have a couple of Sigs that are strictly range type guns that have sights that are getting harder for me to pick up as I get older. Not looking for night sight recommendations, but for fiber optic type sights. These guns are strictly range or outdoor shooing guns, not SD guns, and I want a sight that is easily picked up in indoor or outdoor light. Thanks!

Any sane person should be instinctively skeptical when all the smart people agree. Mark Steyn

Posts: 165 | Location: WNC | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
Dawson are always excellent for me. The red dot is super crisp with an overhead light.

I also like the Truglo TFX models.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto on the Dawson sights. Put a set on my P320 9mm FS last year, much better at my outdoor range than the original contrast sights or the Sig night sights on my P320 45 FS. I am planning to buy Dawsons to replace the Trijicons on my DW Guardian as well.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Dawson 0.100" wide front, and a GGI/SPD Tool rear are best combination with SIGs IMO.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Dawson front .125 and Warren rear.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Id avoid the Truglo TFO ones.

Ive broken lots of the front sights because they are so long so theres ots of opportunity for it to get torqued and snap.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ive broken lots of the front sights because they are so long so theres ots of opportunity for it to get torqued and snap.

Never broke a single one. What do you do, open a C Ration can with them?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I like Dawson AND Tru-glo! They both have served me well. I really like fiber optics!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
You should check out the Dawson guide on sights. Generally as your eyes age it's easier to pick up the sights with a wider rear sight so there is more "air" between the front and rear. You can even use a fiber optic rear for more contrast. I am starting to switch to Dawson fiber optic sights. The Sig sights even with a TruGlo front fiber optic have barely any space between the front and rear. It's good for people with decent eyesight and closer targets IMO.
Dawson Sight questions

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
Dawson 0.100" wide front, and a GGI/SPD Tool rear are best combination with SIGs IMO.

+1, especially for the P320.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have a TruGlo front sight on my P245. Have not shot it much, it's a fairly recent acquisition, but so far, so good. The sight is very visible.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have Dawson .125" fronts combined with factory rear sights on my 226 and X5.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Dawson FO, what height to replace a #8 front sight?

I am thinking .220, I would use this with the bar dot rear blacked out.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra21:
Dawson front .125 and Warren rear.

+1...I have this setup on all of my Sigs, super nice.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by was0311:

I used 0.160" tall in combination with a blacked out factory bar rear.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Newf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roymor:
Hey guys--I have a couple of Sigs that are strictly range type guns that have sights that are getting harder for me to pick up as I get older. Not looking for night sight recommendations, but for fiber optic type sights. These guns are strictly range or outdoor shooing guns, not SD guns, and I want a sight that is easily picked up in indoor or outdoor light. Thanks!

I hear ya - getting old(er) sucks lol. I use my P226 for IDPA and it was getting harder to pick up the stock (weakened) tritium sights in quick transitions, so I swapped for a set of LPA adjustable FO sights. Great indoors or out!

Posts: 920 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have these
https://williamsgunsight.com/p...sauer-pistol-sights/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
quote:
Originally posted by was0311:

I used 0.160" tall in combination with a blacked out factory bar rear.

Did you have a #8 front? Was this a .40 or 9mm?

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Kimber Stainless II that I use mainly as a range gun indoors. I had a Dawson 0.125 ramped front sight put on and kept the factory black rear. I'm glad I did this instead of night sights, although I like the Trijicon HDs in orange on my Glock.

Posts: 129 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dawson or Truglo. I like a green fiber optic site in the front and just a black sight for the rear. Seems to be the easiest to acquire and focus on at the range.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post