SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Real P226 X5 19-rounders 9mm (now, also 14-rd .40/.357) with the aluminum base for cheap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real P226 X5 19-rounders 9mm (now, also 14-rd .40/.357) with the aluminum base for cheap Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Slight drift... have we figured a way to mount the Jet funnels on standard P-series yet? Love the look, but not enough to pony up for a Custom/Master pistol. Thought I heard the LDCs had a threaded main spring or some such and was curious if it could/has been adapted yet.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Slight drift... have we figured a way to mount the Jet funnels on standard P-series yet? Love the look, but not enough to pony up for a Custom/Master pistol. Thought I heard the LDCs had a threaded main spring or some such and was curious if it could/has been adapted yet.

Unless the following things are on your SIG, I don't see how you can attach the jet funnel.

1- The bottom of the grip frame is cut out to create the "rails" for the jet funnel to slide in, and either one of the following,

2- If using the first gen funnel (without the screw), your gun needs the metal tab put under the main spring seat to hold the jet funnel in place.

3- If using the second gen funnel (with the screw) , your gun has to be equipped with the long main spring seat that has the built-in thread for the screw.

ETA: The German LDC does have that long main spring seat that has the built-in thread for the screw. So, it is jet funnel ready.

The US LDC, however, is not jet funnel ready, since it uses the typical E2 main spring seat, although the bottom of the grip frame has the rails ready for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the stainless gun I posted pics of is an LDC II Supermatch

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Bravo Zulu to Greg. 3 mags took 3 days USPS.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
Q,

Thanks for posting the link, and the pictures.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. Guessing my frames don't have the required rails, but it's been a long time since I've pulled the grips off. Will check it out tonight, but I'm betting I'm out of luck.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
Thanks for the pics. Guessing my frames don't have the required rails, but it's been a long time since I've pulled the grips off. Will check it out tonight, but I'm betting I'm out of luck.

you don't need to pull the grips, see if you have the screw in the bottom of the grip.

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
P226 X5 Mec-Gar magazines in .40 S&W / .357 SIG are available from Greg Cote LLC. In stock NOW!

14 Round: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...54014afc-p-2021.html

10 Round: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...54010afc-p-2020.html

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1537 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post