SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Real P226 X5 19-rounders 9mm (now, also 14-rd .40/.357) with the aluminum base for cheap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Real P226 X5 19-rounders 9mm (now, also 14-rd .40/.357) with the aluminum base for cheap Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
at Greg Cote, $42.95. http://gregcotellc.com/cart/si...x5919afc-p-2019.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q, I just ordered some. That's a smokin' deal!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Same here, thank you, 12131.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up 12131! Just ordered 2.

Posts: 247 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So many hobbies,
too little time...
Picture of BoneDoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the timely notice! I just happened to pull mine out of the safe to get ready for a bowling pin tournament.

Posts: 2024 | Location: IL | Registered: January 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’ve got two on the way...

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
just ordered six. are these the same as factory bases?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've ordered some based on the post of MecGar in the other thread about the CDNN ones which were not X5 mags. We won't know about these till someone has them in their hands. Greg has shipped mine and as soon as I see them I'll see what exactly we have. According to the note in the other thread "we will have 19rd 226 9mm X5 magazines" so I'm hoping they are pretty darn close to the originals.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The CDNN mags were clearly not the X5 mags, as they were the 15-rounders plus 2. The ones from Greg are 17-rounders plus 2 X5 mags. They might not be "factory" because of the different finish (AFC), but I'll take these any days, instead of spending a hundred bucks for "factory".

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome. Thank you sir, my friends are looking for some...

Posts: 258 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bringing this to our attention

I ordered 3 for myself

Now I just wish I could find some with the black bases for the -5 Tactical-TB Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received e-mail confirmation I have two inbound. Thanks for the tip.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Ordered 3. Thanks for the heads-up.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
be "factory" because of the different finish (AFC),

12131 I was responding to the question above me about the bases. I have no clue how close these are exactly to the factory bases (I'm assuming you haven't seen one either). I was expecting to see them today but did not.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Got mine in today. Definitely different than the factory bases....a slight titanium hue to them and a lasered logo on the bottom.

Still...functional at 1/4 of the price is fine by me. But, why didn't they run 18+2 vs. 17+2? Maybe some competition rules?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Looks great. I like it. They had to design it slightly different from the "factory" design. There is no way around it.

Q

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the mag slot looks skinnier in comparison to factory mags. Worked no problem in my Scandic but wouldn't drop free in my new 226 LDC II Supermatch. I seated it and dropped 20-25 times and it broke in enough that it drops free now. Be sure to check them of course before you do anything more than range duty.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
These new Mec-Gar mags drop free and appear to function well in my X-Five, as well as my other P226 Elite. Now just have to get the range to test them out. The aluminum bases on the new mags look cool.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Both my pistols shown are new/unfired so might just need breaking in.

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Got mine today as well and, as PGT shows, they are definitely different, which I'm OK with. I also tried them in my LDC Supermatch and they dropped free easily. But, I've got several hundred rounds through it, so I'm sure that makes a difference. Seeing that MMBI gets $129 for the ones that come from Germany, I'll go with these all day!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post