SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range Trip with new P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range Trip with new P365 Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a new P365 and it has reinvigorated my passion for Sig pistols. Took it to the range for the first time today and fired 200 rounds of Armscor and 25 rounds of 124 grain gold dots. Reassuringly there were no malfunctions.

I only had a couple small hiccups, both magazine related. The first was due to my lack of experience. I did not bring an upload (but I bought one on my way out the door) so my thumbs are worn out. The stiffness of the magazine springs was greater than I anticipated. Secondly, and I'm not sure how this happened, but I experienced some strange behavior with the 15 round magazine I purchased just prior to shooting.

Specifically, while loading armscor rounds into the magazine for the first time, I was unable to load past round 12 or 13. Out of frustration I unloaded the rounds to be sure I was not accidentally overloading the magazine. At about round ten or so the spring seemed to be jammed and a few rounds tumbled free. I disassembled the magazine and reassembled it. It was still stiff after that but loaded fine and, as I reported earlier, there were no malfunctions while firing. I shot about 45 rounds, including 15 gold dots, through that magazine.

Recoil was sharper than my previous small pistol choice, a P30sk, but I think I enjoyed shooting the P365 more overall. The little pistol shot where I aimed it, but the short sight radius reminded me of how much work I have to do in trigger control and follow through. Still, I will feel very confident carrying it for defensive purposes.

I am curious if anybody has had conflict with a small tab, or maybe the end of a spring, near the back of the frame while reassembling the pistol. When I put the slide back onto the rails it is often stopped from sliding fully backward by this small metal part. It is easy to push back into place but confused me at first.

As I said before, this small, practical pistol has me excited about Sigs again. I enjoyed my trip to the range and I am eager to start carrying it concealed. For that purpose I have ordered a Raven Concealment vanguard 2. This is a more minimal approach than I am used to but I hope it will feel secure in the waistband while I carry it.

Thanks for reading about my experience with a new pistol. If you have any advice, exhortation or admonition please offer it. I love reading this forum.

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That is the "Safety Lever". A tiny drop of oil will assist in keeping it moving freely. It is ITEM 29 on the P365 Small Parts diagram. https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-s...s/p365-parts-picker/

Just make sure it is down before putting the slide back on.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Johnny I will try to be mindful of it. Cleaned and lubricated after the range trip today.

Psalm 144:1

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post