SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone use a P320 45 FCU in a 9mm Grip module
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a P320 45 FCU in a 9mm Grip module Login/Join 
Picture of 21sports
posted
Has anyone actually shot with a P320 45 FCU in a 9mm grip module?

Sorry for if I'm beating a dead horse. Just bought a full size P320 45. I cannot seem to find P320 45 compact kits so I was looking at 9mm compact.

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, a P320 45 ACP FCU can drop in a 9mm/40Cal grip module and function with slide and magazines. It does not work in the opposite direction, in other words, a 9mm FCU won’t function in a 45 ACP. I’ve run my 45 ACP FCU in my 9mm exchange kit with zero issues and hundreds of rounds.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 21sports
posted Hide Post
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you!

Posts: 1626 | Location: OREGON | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I think this next part is actually all that important but from knowledge comes power.

It works just fine but you lose the takedown safety that is built into the 320 line. I’m probably remembering it wrong but the safety that requires you to not have a mag in or something like that.

Somebody smarter will chime in with the specifics. It’s why they don’t advertise this as part of the “modularity”. Defeating any type of unnecessary safety is bad PR.

Edited: shame really. True 45 all the way to 9mm would rock. I learned this trick too late.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The take down lever and slide release are identical. You literally just drop in the FCU from the 45 and it works perfectly in the 9mm. If you look closely on the 9mm FCU it has a small detent that blocks the larger 45 ACP magazine from seating, hence you can’t drop the 9mm FCU into the 45.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post