SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommendations for having a Glock barrel installed.

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Recommendations for having a Glock barrel installed. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I am looking at having a gunsmith fit Barsto barrel installed in a Gen4 pistol. Looking to try someone new for installation.

Recommendations for someone who knows how to fit them without sacrificing any reliability?


_______________________________________________________________________
www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 33067 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
By new do you mean someone other than Barsto itself?


__________________________

 
Posts: 10707 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
John Nagel at S&J Customs in Jefferson, Ga is as good as it gets with Glocks...
 
Posts: 512 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
What glock model ?
 
Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Robert Burke/TheSigArmorer is really good at fitting Bar-Sto bbls.
He understand accuracy fitment.
Also his turn around times ate quick and dependable.
You won’t find a nicer guy or better service.
 
Posts: 16417 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plasteek:
What glock model ?


Don't know yet.


_______________________________________________________________________
www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 33067 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
By new do you mean someone other than Barsto itself?


Yes, I mean someone other than Barsto, or the usual gunsmiths I use.


_______________________________________________________________________
www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 33067 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
By new do you mean someone other than Barsto itself?


Yes, I mean someone other than Barsto, or the usual gunsmiths I use.

Who do you usually use?


Q


2016 MAGA ---> 2020 KAG
* P228 factoids *


 
Posts: 18356 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
By new do you mean someone other than Barsto itself?


Yes, I mean someone other than Barsto, or the usual gunsmiths I use.

Who do you usually use?


I've used GGI, Apex, and Barsto in years gone by.


_______________________________________________________________________
www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 33067 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
TIL you have to fit glock barrels.
 
Posts: 34 | Registered: January 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GataGunner:
TIL you have to fit glock barrels.

Not exactly. Today you learned that Bar-Sto barrels for ANY pistol come in two flavors - semi-fit and match target.

Match target MUST be fitted...period.

Semi-fit, per Bar-Sto, have a 70% chance of fitting as is and a 30% chance of needing minor fitting.

https://www.barsto.com/FAQs.cfm?C1=5


______________________
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing. --Nicholas Murray Butler
 
Posts: 4286 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Robert Burke. He knows what he's doing fitting a barrel.


_________________________
2nd Amendment Defender - NRA member

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
 
Posts: 9685 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommendations for having a Glock barrel installed.

© SIGforum 2019