SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig grip screws?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig grip screws? Login/Join 
posted
I am looking to replace E2 grips with standard panels on a 9mm -1 229. What size screws do these use and are they the same on the 226 and 220 frames. I ask as I can buy 4 screws for $7 or buy a bag of 100 black oxides stainless hex heads for around $10. If I can get the right size and length screw, seems like a no brainer...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give Top Gun Supply a buzz. They usually know and stock all the different size Sig grip screws.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
You can sometimes tell if the screws are interchangeable by looking at the applications on the TGS website. Keep in mind that while thread/pitch may be the same that length may vary due to grip panel variations between platforms.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also Greg Cote.

P226, P228 & P229 all seem to use the same screws.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/h...32ji7it5mmvj00prr1b3

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Also Greg Cote.

P226, P228 & P229 all seem to use the same screws.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/h...32ji7it5mmvj00prr1b3

P226 screws are not the same as the P228/229 ones.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I need 4mm x .7mm per Greg Cote's site. I am unclear on the necessary screw length.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post