SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Experiences or opinions about the CMMG Banshee?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiences or opinions about the CMMG Banshee? Login/Join 
posted
I wish there was one in 10mm, but for the moment I'm looking at either the 5" or 8" pistol in 9mm. Anyone here have or had one, shot one, considered one, etc.? Likes, dislikes, and thoughts are welcome.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/banshee/

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ones in 9mm and .45acp. The one thing I have decided after owning mine is that I really prefer 8" over 5" barrels. I don't run mine suppressed which would change my thinking, but the 5" versions have way too little space for my hands. I have the glock mag versions FWIW>
Otherwise competently built and run fine. If there's something specific you would like let me know.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stag arms has a 10mm later in this year. Might be worth looking at uses glock magazines .

Posts: 29 | Location: tn | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have a pistol in 9mm. I too prefer the 8" barrel. Mine uses Colt mags and has been stellar. It's one of my favorite firearms to shoot.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I built my own using a CMMG 4” ?? I can’t remember the exact length barrel. Mine uses Colt style mags. No issues. It’s always suppressed so it has a longer handguard. I haven’t shot it in years since I got an MPX.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in 9mm, 8” barrel, Glock mags. Runs great suppressed and unsuppressed. Like that it takes standard AR buffers, so you can play around with the weights for what you’re shooting.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 300 series in 5.7mm. It is a fun little screamer. I like shooting it much better than the PS90. It has been quite reliable as well. I will probably buy another Banshee in a different caliber at some point.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I have Mk57 5.7x28mm banshee pistol. Quality is great, delayed radial blowback design is a smart and simple, finish is great. I got mine as a leftover in white cerakote so a bit cheaper, but not cheap at $1,100. It is small, light and works great. If I did not already own an MPX in 9mm I would consider this as I really think they hit a home run with these.

As mentioned, you can buy parts and assemble your own if inclined.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I have a Guard in burnt bronze. I had been eyeballing them for a while because of their compatibility with Glock mags. I had an MPX at the time. I stumbled on one gently used under $1000 and jumped on it.

I ended up punting the MPX after shooting it. It is a fine gun and almost as soft shooting as the MPX and MP5.

The only issue I had with it initially was it went full auto a couple of times. A quick call to CMMG and they sent me out a new trigger pack, no questions asked. The trigger pack they sent me was designed for a 5.56 just like the one in the gun and I think it needs a more specific 9mm type trigger so I dropped in a CMC 9mm trigger and it is perfect.

I want a 5.7 one and put me on the list for 10mm too. I’m shocked they haven’t announced that yet because they have a large magwell for the .45.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the comments and information. My intention is to use a suppressor for whichever Banshee (or however many Banshees) I get. I like being able to use the 33rd Glock mags. for the 9mm, and figure that I will eventually have both the 5" and 8" versions - just need to decide which to get first.

However, I really like my FN5.7 pistol and also want a Banshee(s) in that caliber as well. As I would only be able to afford one, I keep going back and forth between the 9mm and 5.7 regarding which to get first - and in which barrel length.

Additional insight and recommendations from you guys would be most welcome!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have any advice about the 5.7 versus glock from actual experience in the cmmg banshee(but I have shot 20K rounds of 5.7 in various FN platforms and a zillion rounds in 9).
What I would say is glock mags are available in many capacities and 5.7 are not. 9mm ammo is cheap and 5.7 is not. Not that I wouldn't own a 5.7 banshee (I have several PS90), its simply not in the same mainstream.
That said get 8" no matter the caliber.
Not a chance if I was buying my only/first one, I'd get anything but 9mm.
FWIW.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Many thanks for the comments and information. My intention is to use a suppressor for whichever Banshee (or however many Banshees) I get. I like being able to use the 33rd Glock mags. for the 9mm, and figure that I will eventually have both the 5" and 8" versions - just need to decide which to get first.

However, I really like my FN5.7 pistol and also want a Banshee(s) in that caliber as well. As I would only be able to afford one, I keep going back and forth between the 9mm and 5.7 regarding which to get first - and in which barrel length.

Additional insight and recommendations from you guys would be most welcome!

I’d get 9 first for all the reasons stated above and move into 5.7 later when the funds allow. Essentially that is what I’m doing.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

What tri lug do you have on that?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

What tri lug do you have on that?

HK Parts.

Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
I just bought an Mk9, which I really like. I bought the stripped lower, used CMMG’s bolt and buffer, but used all the lower parts I prefer. I bought the complete upper on what I think is a close out deal. I know the Banshee is getting rave reviews everytime I see a video or review. I went with the Colt pattern.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post