SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question regarding test target value
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding test target value Login/Join 
posted
Does having the original test add any value to a 95 P220, if so how much

This "Signess" does not seem to get any better with age, they're like puppies if you don't want to be hooked don't ever pick em' up.

Posts: 33 | Location: yantis texas USA | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Originality always adds to value, to whomever who values such a thing. How much all depends on the prospective buyers.

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
This has been discussed before. I much prefer having that factory test target. Amazes me how many, even high condition, guns have lost the test target along the way. How much is it worth, no clue. It may be similar to the house I sold with a swimming pool. I don't think the pool increased the selling price, but it likely made the house more desirable to potential buyers.....ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Does it add value? Yes

How much? Difficult to say.

That said, that is my favorite vintage P-220.

Do you have the box and manual?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yep has all the original paper and magazines, searched a long time for a KF with all goodies

This "Signess" does not seem to get any better with age, they're like puppies if you don't want to be hooked don't ever pick em' up.

Posts: 33 | Location: yantis texas USA | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, a test target means next to nothing. Test targets are important to collectibles, but most SIGs aren't collectible. And I don't collect anyway.

The one thing it can indicate is the person is rather meticulous and cares for their things well (but that's no guarantee either). But I wouldn't pay anything extra because it's there.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think test target in a NIB unfired collectible Sig would make it more valuable, but for a daily carry gun I think I agree with the post above that it might make it more desirable but maybe not really add any value... just my 2 cents

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
For me, it adds zero value. To a collector, I can't imagine over $50-$100. Unfired, everything it came with comes with premium to those that care.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Hard to have a test target on an unfired gun. Wink

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Perhaps it helps with the value with the rarest of P220s. Give an extra push for that .38 Super...

Posts: 9147 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If they added very much, you'd see "replicas" for sale on fleabay.

Posts: 26896 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
To me the only case it would add value to is proving a weapon was truly in LNIB condition, from that era where they were actually test fire and sighted in.

For a used weapon, it adds nothing for me. It's a 'nice to have', but if someone quantified additional value to the weapon, I'd tell them to keep it if it was so important.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Hmm...they appear to be valuable to some. I've purchased approximately 40 used handguns in the past 5 years or so, many of them SIGs. Never once did I ask for a test target.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
I agree with the basic concepts others here have expressed. Increased desire ability, no increase in value. Once and a while I shop for 95 P220 shooters and if I find two in equal condition I'll take one with a test target before one without at the same price.
I "value" them for their information. The target has changed over the years. The distance to target varies along with the name of the tester. all interesting to me.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You can't put a specific price on the test target, factory manual, or box, but they all add to the overall appeal of the package and it is up to the buyer to decide if the package price is acceptable.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Like Udo, the test target is interesting to me. Unlike challenge coins and decoder rings, the target is specific to that particular gun. Shows group size, date, distance,shooter,etc. But with some of the responses, I now understand why so many of the test targets,etc, are now missing.......

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post