Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger LCP II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've been considering one of these. Hell with it. I'll just get another 642 or maybe a 442. They kick a bit too, but I'm used to them.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Recoil is not bad. Or great for that matter. Yeah it snaps but to me it's more manageable than the original LCP. Not tremendously so, but still better. Not confident that someone who is older and may have issues with recoil will take to it, though. If slide operation is also going to be an issue, the P238 would be my recommendation for a petite .380. Doesn't have to be a steel HD model; ALL P238s are relatively mild shooters when it comes to recoil control.

The G42 is an alternative. However, make sure that it's going to be a runner right out of the box if you go this way. Some G42s NEED a break-in period of about 200-250 rounds of the heaviest loads you can find to make them cycle correctly. Glock taking lessons from Kahr...oh the horrors of it all.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier, but posting again.

I like my LCPII, it is the fastest shooting little pistol I've ever owned. Having owned a Kel Tec 3AT, and looking at some of the 1st gen LCP, it is much better in function.

I carry mine often, but 90% of the time in an IWB kydex holster vs pocket carry.

Recoil? Its what I stated earlier, add the Hogue Beavertail grip,that helps dramatically, but the little pistol is not going to jump out of your hands.

It is a small ultra concealment pistol, not a Browning Buckmark. I much prefer the LCPII, to any of the mini revolvers.

The LCPII may not be the best choice for the OP's mom, but hopefully she will find a pistol that is suitable for her.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sunset_Va,

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The Glock 42 could be workable.

Posts: 27942 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
She had looked at a lcp II with my brother. Not sure if she racked the slide. The price was nice, too. $229 at rural king everyday.

The 42 is not a whole lot more. I do want to see if she likes this beretta.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The G42 crushes the LCP when it comes to usable sights, recoil, and accuracy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LCP Custom is the one to get, if you can find one. Much better than the 1st gen, and heavier trigger pull than the lcp 2. For some reason they only made it for a short while before mass producing the lcp 2.The only thing I wish it had was slide lock after last round. But I can live without it.

Posts: 54 | Location: Myrtle beac SC | Registered: March 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
LCP recoil is snappy - I have an original but can't imagine the LCP II is any better. It's just the physics of a small, lightweight pistol firing a centerfire round.

I doubt she will like it.

What he said.

The LCP is not the easiest handgun to shoot well. Hell, an S&W Model 10 snubnose would be an easier gun to shoot, and concealable as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basic LCP is $170 plus shipping, LCP II is $200:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ontent=11%3a00+Email

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ontent=11%3a00+Email

I'm not saying it's the right gun for the OP, but they're on sale now.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience, first choice for carry is G42 - and what I pocket carry most of the time. Wife qualified with a G42, and has worked well for her. She loves her P238, but that is in-door gun.

I also very much like LC9S-Pro for carry, but bit too snappy for your use.

Obviously, need to go to range and try a selection.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Just for comparisons sake, my wife, who had no trouble with a 12 gauge shotgun for full power slugs, put the Ruger LCP down and refused to shoot it any more after firing just one round.

The gun has recoil. Based on what the OP has said, it is not the right gun for his mother.

Look at the Ruger LCR in .22 magnum for carry, Ruger 10/22 with 25 round magazine for home defense. Just two suggestions.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

...Look at the Ruger LCR in .22 magnum for carry, ...

The LCR-22 magnum holds six rounds, in 22LR it holds eight. Never fired the 22 mag, but the LCR-22 with 22LR is extremely mild.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
lcp II is a bit bigger than the lcp so I think the recoil is a bit less. My mom and I shot a lot of guns before she bought one.

I wanted her to get a full size but she ended up buying a walther ccp. Bigger, better round, better ballistics, more capacity. easy to rack slide. and manual safety were all pluses. I think she made the right choice!!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post