SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Safariland ALS holster for X five Legion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safariland ALS holster for X five Legion Login/Join 
posted
All,

I am in need of a Safariland level 2 or 3 holster for my Xfive Legion +x300 or TLR-1. I am aware that there may be some “light modifications” necessary in order for the holster to function with the ALS. Please let me know which make and model holster (part number), so I can do an online purchase ASAP!

And if modifications were made, now to go about doing the mods??

Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard! I cant find any listing for ALS for the X5 Legion. It might possible to use an ALS for a Full size P320 with your light. Possibly the 7365. No idea what kind of mods are needed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
The 6000 series is a better built holster but it has a taper toward the end. To run it with an X-5, you'd have to heat it and stretch it to fit.

The 7000 series is a continuous tube. If you order the holster for your a full-size P320 with your light, you can remove the spacer at the bottom of the holster and the longer slide will fit. The gun will index on the ALS lock based on the weapon mounted light.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck on getting an ALS... When we were looking at switching to P320 LE Pro Carry, we found out it would take 6 months to get holsters. Only option was calling around various police supply companies to see if anyone had some extras they had sitting on the shelf. Safariland is loosing my confidence.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus they have seriously the most ducked up website ever. I have to believe they make all their money on contract stuff because the “holsterfinder” portion of their website is comically bad. Unless you want a holster for a vanilla Glock. After that it gets wacky.

Horrible IT for 2019

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
I’ve been told that Safariland won the contract to provide the holster for the M17/M18. A lot of their production ability is tied up fulfilling the contract orders.

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post